GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chevrolet Reveals Mini Crossover We'd Love To See In America
Built for China, the Seeker would find plenty of interested buyers in the US.
JUL. 30, 2022
Carbuzz.com
By: TYLER ANDERSON

There's no denying the crossover boom is shaking up the industry in more ways than one. If you're looking for a car to carry passengers, chances are it won't be an actual car but a smallish SUV that's based on one. It's a commonality adopted by all automakers, with Chevrolet shifting away from sedans to adjust to the market trend. This is why it's revealed a new crossover for China but perhaps should come to the US instead. Meet the Chevy Seeker.
Motivating the Seeker is a 1.5-liter turbocharged unit. This seems to fit nicely with the RS package (pictured below in yellow). We can see a cohesive design backed by two-tone wheels, a black-painted roof, and LED lighting elements. In all, along with the value-packed cabin, the Seeker could appeal to American buyers.

Would you like to know more?

·
Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,694 Posts
The updated Trax next year might something along these lines, a "sportier" Trailblazer.

EDIT: Carscoops says the Seeker is about 5" longer than the Trailblazer, the new Trax should be about the same size as the TB, maybe a bit smaller.

·
Premium Member
36,959 Posts
We can see a cohesive design backed by two-tone wheels, a black-painted roof, and LED lighting elements. In all, along with the value-packed cabin,

The Seeker features a tech-forward cabin that includes heated and cooled front seats, a wireless charge pad, a power liftgate, and a premium audio system. Completing the list of features is a single-pane dashboard with two 10.25-inch displays positioned next to each other. Wireless Apple CarPlay is available on the center screen.

In all that advertalk gibberish there's no hint of any specs other than the mill. L x W x H + curb weight range + potential price range might possibly be a place to start. :cautious: Single pane, whateverinhell that means, and TWO yes, friends, TWO 10.25" Distraction Panels so both the "driver" and the passenger don't have to waste any time or attention on minor matters like watching the road and traffic, staying in the lane or at least not going too far over the lane lines, keeping a steady speed which doesn't mean meandering aimlessly between 42 and 79 MPH...crazy stuff like that, crazy stuff like young drivers used to pride themselves on having skills in those areas.

If I were putting this thing together I'd square it off like the Souls and their predecessors from Chrysler PT, HHR Chibby, and Scion (spec-to-spec it looks like KIA copied the dimensions and other chunks to include the turning radius right off the Scion's data sheet) because EVERY tall wagon of today has this same unoriginal zoomy futuristic spacecraft look, and you're going to lose your caah in the paahkin' lot in (insert expletive in New England accent here) Boston if you paahk it there.

I realize front men in the advertalk bidness aren't paid to make any sense, but still, SOME rough idea of this critter's size might be useful. But no, this baby do not light my fire. :oops:
YUK.
Overwraught.

Reactions: Oldsmobile stopped

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
It’s a good looking crossover and with the Equinox going EV, this might be a good alternative for people still afraid to transition to electric. And if it doesn’t do well, it’s no skin off of GMNA’s back as it was designed and engineered in China.

·
Registered
403 Posts
This looks a lot better than the downscale version in white that was leaked a few months ago. The color, roof rails, and black roof make a huge difference. It looks really good if a little generic. I hope the Trax replacement looks this good but with more distinction.

·
Registered
22,388 Posts
Looks good, taillights are a bit too much though.

Reactions: 1958carnut

·
Premium Member
36,959 Posts
Looks good, taillights are a bit too much though.
I would do a bit more work on the rear fenders, they have the potential to grow into '59-'60 Chevy style horizontal tail fins. C'mon, SOMEBODY, let's get some fins going again! It's been a long time.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts