GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, this was done the week after the contest was announced but due to some "wonderful" technical dificulties, I had to take a picture of it.

The all new 2012 Chevrolet Reflex. What is the Reflex? A "convertible" minivan. It features a Jeep Wrangler-themed removable back row roof, that removes in 1 piece but is extremely light weight. When on, it interlocks with the rest of the van, providing a tight, waterproof seal, keeping passengers warm. The third row seat is a fold flat design, that offers a leakproof easy to clean load floor. The 2nd row folds flat also. It features some volt styling i.e. the wheels out to the edge, bowtie shaped headlights and tail lights, and other various goodies. Comments are very much appreciated, but seeing as the deadline is very close, this will be the final version. Enjoy

·
Banned
8,969 Posts
Re: Chevrolet Outlander

Ehhh. I don't know about the whole removeable back part, but good idea. I definitely think the name has to change though. Nobody wants to remember anything that sounds anything like Uplander.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Chevrolet Outlander

Ehhh. I don't know about the whole removeable back part, but good idea. I definitely think the name has to change though. Nobody wants to remember anything that sounds anything like Uplander.

Thank you very much. Haha, the name was kind of a last minute thing so I kinda went with it... "Now Accepting New Name Ideas", hehe.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Your idea is very interesting, I rather like the ideas that you have put forth, basically a "truck" that can also run the weekly carpool. There at two things about it that are bothering me a tiny bit:

First of all, it looks like there are areas where there are supposed to be character lines, they would break up the side of the vehicle a bit, and make a little more sense out of the shape of the doors.

Second, are you going for more of a truck look, or more of a van look? I'm just wondering because you design seems to have more of a truck look to it, pronounced bumpers that could possibly be chrome, and stronger, more angular lines, as compared to the softer lines of the Volt.

Don't get me wrong though, I think you have a great idea, and would love to see it expanded upon even after the contest.

-Chase

1 - 5 of 5 Posts