GM Inside News Forum banner
9881 - 9900 of 10099 Posts

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
@linton23, first I’d like to thank you for what your doing on your own time. As you know and have read it’s a bit frustrating not knowing yet I think we are all appreciative that your willing to give us at least SOME info as to where each of us stand in our processes. I gave you my vin a few days ago and you stated you can’t see anything as it is marked sold. My question(s) is, are you using vinview for the lookups? If you are, would the order number also be marked as sold as it may be associated with the vin? Or could the order number yield other info aside from the vin? TIA
No I cant use vin view on anything but my own orders. Thats why I always say as your dealer to check vin view. Vin View is a new system that works differently. They actually put a GPS tracker in the units. We had a truck arrive with one left in it. We dont pre sell our units so I have not had a sold vin view unit to be able to answer accurately. What I use is an older order tracker that uses the order number or the last 8 of the vin.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone had experience with their Yukon/tahoe order moving to Kerr Industries on the palsapp? Mine has been pending for a week now. A week ago GMC said “it will start shipment to the dealer.”

·
Registered
2022 Silverado 2500HD Lt Duramax
7 Posts
No I cant use vin view on anything but my own orders. Thats why I always say as your dealer to check vin view. Vin View is a new system that works differently. They actually put a GPS tracker in the units. We had a truck arrive with one left in it. We dont pre sell our units so I have not had a sold vin view unit to be able to answer accurately. What I use is an older order tracker that uses the order number or the last 8 of the vin.
THANKS, a follow up to this.....I did check in with my dealer today and the vin view shows that my truck is waiting to be dispatched

·
Registered
8 Posts
Purchased my vehicle on 11/29 as it was listed in transit on the dealer website. Went from a supposed ETA of end of December to middle of January, and now talking with GMC Customer Service they are saying an ETA of 4/22. Any else in a similar situation? July build date and according to palsapp has been at the New Haven, IN plant since 7/3/21. Will start putting pressure on my dealer regularly for some kind of comp as I was assured the vehicle would arrive before my first payment and 2022s are already rolling onto lots (albeit scarcely).

·
Registered
11 Posts
My truck has been at 4d00 since august 25th. My dealer says the MP has been installed. Just waiting dispatch. I am wondering if it has something to do with it being a Denali.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not really we have the order codes that tell us where it is in the build process. The codes 4D00 and 4B00 are newer to indicate MP hold or Bayed but we are never given a reason.
Good evening. If your truck is listed as pending dispatch. Is it possible to be under any other codes which delay the delivery.

·
Registered
2019 Silverado 1500 LTZ
2 Posts
@linton23 Hello, I am new to this forum. I am trying to get a handle on the disposition of my truck. VIN = 1GCUYGEL1NZ138414, Order # ZZHFKM. The last update on FreightVerify shows it being delivered from Kokomo to Ft. Wayne on 12/13, with a status of “Bayed: Ready (4B)”, and ETA: Pending Dispatch. I have also looked at the palsap, and everything shows pending other than when it was shipped to Kokomo on 12/8. I am trying to understand if it just waiting to transport, and the timing of that, or something else. TIA for any information you can provide.

Thank You

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good Evening:

@linton23 .Would you be able to check the status of VIN 1GCUYEET4MZ438242 (Order#ZSTS7B). My sales guy has left the dealership and I am having trouble getting a straight answer.

Thank You for all you do.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just a rant, but I don't see what dealers gain by keeping their customers in the dark in this process. I saw on another forum where someone was able to get setup with text alerts through their dealers' VINVIEW. If I did that crappy at my job, I'd be out the door.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just a rant, but I don't see what dealers gain by keeping their customers in the dark in this process. I saw on another forum where someone was able to get setup with text alerts through their dealers' VINVIEW. If I did that crappy at my job, I'd be out the door.
I could be wrong here, and I’m sure linton or someone else can clarify, but from what I’ve gathered in my 7 month journey is that the dealers are just as in the dark with GM being VERY secretive about the status.

And if I’m not mistaken, VINVIEW is an optional system and an added cost to the dealers, not provided by GM. Therefore not all have it. Based on my readings here the vehicle might have to be invoiced for VINVIEW to be used and in my case the truck was built 8/27 and still not invoiced.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I could be wrong here, and I’m sure linton or someone else can clarify, but from what I’ve gathered in my 7 month journey is that the dealers are just as in the dark with GM being VERY secretive about the status.

And if I’m not mistaken, VINVIEW is an optional system and an added cost to the dealers, not provided by GM. Therefore not all have it. Based on my readings here the vehicle might have to be invoiced for VINVIEW to be used and in my case the truck was built 8/27 and still not invoiced.
My dealer (working directly with the principal) has been helpful but I can tell overwhelmed. I connect with him about once per month. He has shared images from the Regional Sales Director on constraints, his view of my order, etc. The communication from GM to dealers where orders stand seems to be minimal and mediocre at best. I ordered a 2022 and he entered into the system in August. GM accepted 9/2 produced mid October. It went into a quality control hold (black hole) and there were no updates for 2 months. Was told by GM chat last week it would begin the shipping process to the dealer. Dealer said he was seeing movement and hopes mine will arrive within a couple of weeks but it was a guessing game. It had not left Arlington. He said shipping has been problematic. I am not holding my breath!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi @linton23 it's been a several weeks since last I asked. Would you be able to check for updates on order ZSSCGZ? My dealer called and said they were hopeful it would ship soon, but that was almost 3 weeks ago.
Much appreciated, Sir!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi @linton23 i had a truck order BDBQQT that was scheduled for a TPW of 1/3/22 I was just wondering what the bayed code was? Is it in microchip waiting lot or actually going to ship sometime soon. Thanks for any help you can give and all that you are doing for this thread!!

9881 - 9900 of 10099 Posts