GM Inside News Forum banner
8101 - 8120 of 8272 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 GMC Sierra 1500 All-Terrain
26 Posts
@linton23, Any word on the 2021 HD trucks that are in MP hold starting to move? I don't understand why GM is shipping out 2022 vehicles when they still have people waiting on 2021 models on hold.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just some updates we have seen. We just had 2 2021 Enclaves built that had been stopped back in August due to the factory closing down. We have had 2022 Colorado's ship even though we have 2021's in MP hold. We currently have more inventory set to be built and in hold than we have had all year maybe something is going on?
Not sure it applies to any other models but a contact at the flint plant said all the 2500HD's in chip hold will remain there for a while and they are building 2022's 100% with no part holds. There was some mistakes made in repairing the vehicles in chip hold (hence the stop sale) so they stopped repairing those until they work out a better plan. So for now the 2022's are being built complete, no holds. I think he said they would resume finishing the ones on part holds sometime in the next few weeks. Again, not sure this applies to any other models other than the 2500HD's.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What will be the average wait on a 2022 silverado hd 2500 on event code 4D00. Anyone has a real world experience with this and how much time will be the average I have 2 weeks waiting and I'm going crazy lol

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
@linton23, Any word on the 2021 HD trucks that are in MP hold starting to move? I don't understand why GM is shipping out 2022 vehicles when they still have people waiting on 2021 models on hold.
No official word but I have heard rumors as well that there has been issues with Penske?? centers putting in the chips. I have heard rodent issue and thats about it. Its hard to say and GM is tight lipped about it like always.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
[QUOTE

how are they deciding who gets what chips and when? I’ve seen you mention some vehicles have been 4D00 since February and some have a much faster turnaround - what’s the reasoning for that?
See the above post but keep in mind GM does not share there thinking with dealers unless they have to.

·
Premium Member
2017 GMC Sierra 1500 All-Terrain
26 Posts
No official word but I have heard rumors as well that there has been issues with Penske?? centers putting in the chips. I have heard rodent issue and thats about it. Its hard to say and GM is tight lipped about it like always.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
What will be the average wait on a 2022 silverado hd 2500 on event code 4D00. Anyone has a real world experience with this and how much time will be the average I have 2 weeks waiting and I'm going crazy lol
To soon to tell they just started building but if it hits 4D00 1 to 2 months is normal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
To soon to tell they just started building but if it hits 4D00 1 to 2 months is normal.
Mine is built and waiting on quality inspection or chip I guess so hopefully I get it in the next 2 weeks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is a Chevy tracking forum (didn’t realize until I read about 30 pages haha) but since it’s all GM are you able to track a Gmc order? ZWDVFV @linton23 ?

FYI all if the dealer doesn’t offer me a good trade I’ll have a 2021 GMC 2500 AT4 HD for sale with only 2,200 miles. Duramax L5P / cayenne red if anyone is having issues getting order past 1100. My order was originally put in May 27th then 21 order canceled and new order put in for 22 model… fun times

8101 - 8120 of 8272 Posts