GM Inside News Forum banner
7861 - 7880 of 8194 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Linton, Chevrolet online chat told me the status of my 9/16/2021 Suburban order ZZGT7V was "Your vehicle order has been accepted by General Motors and is moving toward the production process". Could you please tell me what event code that is,1100 or 2000 or other?
Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
@linton23 could you check on VIN 1GTU9EET4MZ329420? I believe it’s in chip hold but just trying to get a timeline as my current 21 is down and this will be the replacement.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Hi Linton, Chevrolet online chat told me the status of my 9/16/2021 Suburban order ZZGT7V was "Your vehicle order has been accepted by General Motors and is moving toward the production process". Could you please tell me what event code that is,1100 or 2000 or other?
Thank you for your help!
As of 9/21 you are at 3000 with a 10/25 target week.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Linton,

Have you heard anything from GM regarding the last day 21 LD orders will officially be accepted (move past 1100)?

Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just a little update for everyone: My 2021 Silverado 1500 LT Trail Boss has been built since the end of March. It sat on chip hold until the 30th of August where it moved to Penske Vehicle Services in Troy, Michigan. (Penske does third party production/install for all the major automotive companies- they have played a large role with catching up on installing the microprocessors for GM.)
The original estimate from talking with Penske on the phone was a week and a half. As of today, there has been zero progress with it, as it is still waiting in the lot.
There is not only a microprocessor shortage, but an employee shortage as well. I speak with Penske every week on the phone and the time estimates are only increasing due to the lack of employees.

I know this news isn't what everyone wants to hear. I have certainly been disappointed throughout this whole process, especially since when I purchased the truck I was told by the dealer that it was "In-Transit". I'm hoping that my experience can help people make a more informed decision with ordering/purchasing or at a minimum, know what to realistically expect as far as a timeline goes.

7861 - 7880 of 8194 Posts