GM Inside News Forum banner
7781 - 7800 of 7876 Posts

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
linton, do you have any insight on how long the 2021 2500 trucks are going to stay at 4D00? I am getting tired of seeing 2022 2500's at dealerships while I am still waiting on my 2021
I am in the same boat as you I have no information as to when they will release. We did just get a truck in that was on MP hold back in February..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Has anyone heard that they plan on getting chips put in the 2021’s by the end of the month, so they can start producing more 2022? My dealer told me this 🤷🏼‍♀️

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone heard that they plan on getting chips put in the 2021’s by the end of the month, so they can start producing more 2022? My dealer told me this 🤷🏼‍♀️
2022 Tahoe, Yukon, and Escalde production doesnt start until the week of 10/4 so I dont think that statement is accurate from you dealer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The plant is still making 2021's. I beleive and someone can correct me if I am wrong that it is basicaly a rolling change over from 21 to 22 and the plant will continue to run flat out pending chips. I dont beleive they will hold 22 start up to finish the MP units at least that what my TPW of 10/4 would indicate for my 22, but then again no idea if that date will hold. It would be nice if GM would publish how they are going to finish the MP units seems like know one really knows.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I a
The plant is still making 2021's. I beleive and someone can correct me if I am wrong that it is basicaly a rolling change over from 21 to 22 and the plant will continue to run flat out pending chips. I dont beleive they will hold 22 start up to finish the MP units at least that what my TPW of 10/4 would indicate for my 22, but then again no idea if that date will hold. It would be nice if GM would publish how they are going to finish the MP units seems like know one really knows.
I agree. I wish we had some type of clarification. Mine was built 8/24 🙈

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Which would mean the goal is to get all 2021 with chips done by 9/30 correct? Lol
The fact that I have a 2021 Malibu thats not getting built till November says otherwise. On a side note the sold order option has returned to our order system. This seems like a better sign that things may return to a more normal situation. I just dont know when.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good morning! My dealer told me they received the invoice for the suburban I can waiting on last week - does that mean it may have moved past 4D00? Order # ZSDC6R

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Good morning! My dealer told me they received the invoice for the suburban I can waiting on last week - does that mean it may have moved past 4D00? Order # ZSDC6R
Its a good sign. I ran it and shows 4200 but an old date. I suspect it may show the original 4200 date before it was put on 4D00.

7781 - 7800 of 7876 Posts