GM Inside News Forum banner
7761 - 7780 of 7876 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
FYI - my dealer Dude sales manager claims the factory is not shut down for Camaro builds claims they are still building cars he told me that on 09/10 Friday - ? Not sure what is up with that ...?

so I don’t trust dealers - I trust the local crack dealer more, I called GM Corporate CS the woman said “the Camaro assembly plant is open and running”

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anyone know if a 2021 truck order code 1100 will be automatically converted to a 2022 order code 1100?? MY dealer can't tell me and Chevy chat says check with your dealer??

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a C8 Corvette order that did NOT carry over from 2020 to 2021 it died on the vine. And the Dealership never notified me as a matter of fact they gave me the impression that the order would carry over. McGlaughlin Chevrolet in Ohio, Rick Conti - beware …!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Linton,

Obligatory thank you for the updates. My request if for ZTMNS5, built week of 8/16, as of 9/10 is 4D00. I asked my dealer for the full VIN (I have MR452000 only) and he replied with a "yes" (whatever that means) so I could track on Jack Cooper. Still waiting for him to send it. Also, I thought the following article was a good gauge of how prevalent this chip shortage is. It is dated 05Aug2021 but still applies today and probably worse.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
FYI - my dealer Dude sales manager claims the factory is not shut down for Camaro builds claims they are still building cars he told me that on 09/10 Friday - ? Not sure what is up with that ...?

so I don’t trust dealers - I trust the local crack dealer more, I called GM Corporate CS the woman said “the Camaro assembly plant is open and running”
They are producing some? Some? GM to halt production at nearly all North America assembly plants due to new chip problem

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Hi Linton,

Obligatory thank you for the updates. My request if for ZTMNS5, built week of 8/16, as of 9/10 is 4D00. I asked my dealer for the full VIN (I have MR452000 only) and he replied with a "yes" (whatever that means) so I could track on Jack Cooper. Still waiting for him to send it. Also, I thought the following article was a good gauge of how prevalent this chip shortage is. It is dated 05Aug2021 but still applies today and probably worse.

1GNSKDKD7MR452000 is the vin you are at 4D00 as of 8/20

·
Premium Member
2017 GMC Sierra 1500 All-Terrain
16 Posts
You are at 4D00.
linton, do you have any insight on how long the 2021 2500 trucks are going to stay at 4D00? I am getting tired of seeing 2022 2500's at dealerships while I am still waiting on my 2021

7761 - 7780 of 7876 Posts