GM Inside News Forum banner
7741 - 7760 of 7876 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ok let me put this our here 4300 intermediate delivery code is normally used for shipping to an off site location for something like a sprayed in bedliner or a small hold on an out of stock item it can bounce between 4200 and 4300. the code for left the factory shipped is 4800 rail ramp unload. ( code for its getting on a train)
Yup you had said that earlier in the thread. I got that info from Chevy chat a while back I think that is their standard go to when one is being held for chips as they have never indicated it is in a microchip hold only "intermediate delivery" sounds like the rep you actually chat with is relying on a secondary tier to get their info and somewhere they are not wanting to say the vehicles are in a hold. It is semantics either way the vehicle hasn't shipped yet. I did plug the VIN into the jack cooper website and it does show a transfer from the plant to the distribution holding center. My guess is that is where they are storing the built shy vehicles so it sort of fits the description you gave for the 4300 code. Thanks for the update

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think my dealership is set up to whenever the cars are in transit, it puts them on their website, so I’ve been stalking the site for mine to hit 🤣🤣

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think my dealership is set up to whenever the cars are in transit, it puts them on their website, so I’ve been stalking the site for mine to hit 🤣🤣
I think that is fed from GM as they show up on a search on the Chevy, GMC etc sites search also. You can simply google the VIN also and it will show up shortly after hitting the dealer site also

·
Registered
8 Posts
Linton23 how many of these SUVs have rolled off the assembly recently are sitting "complete" at Code 4B00 waiting on chips?

·
Registered
8 Posts
What is the difference between 4B00 & 4D00?
I will defer to Linton23 but my understanding is that 4D00 is pulled for quality control immediately following production and thus may be more temporary. 4B00 is "bayed" and held for quality control meaning it may be "parked" and/or transported before being parked. It seems that trucks missing chips are 4B00 since they may be bayed/parked for weeks (or even months).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Please re-check these for me much appreciated both of these were supposed to have been built - thanks

ZSPNWC
ZVWWZZ

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hi Linton,

Can you please check on my order ZXJTC0 for a 2022 Yukon SLT 4WD for my family and advise the event code?

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
I think that is fed from GM as they show up on a search on the Chevy, GMC etc sites search also. You can simply google the VIN also and it will show up shortly after hitting the dealer site also
When a unit is invoiced most web sites are set to show the unit due to invoice to delivery was normally 2 weeks. Many dealers like us have turned that feature off.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
I will defer to Linton23 but my understanding is that 4D00 is pulled for quality control immediately following production and thus may be more temporary. 4B00 is "bayed" and held for quality control meaning it may be "parked" and/or transported before being parked. It seems that trucks missing chips are 4B00 since they may be bayed/parked for weeks (or even months).
You have it backwards 4B00 is bayed normally a short stop for some issue or quality check. I had a camaro one time that was ordered with a stitched SS arm rest when it came due to be built they ran out of the cover and it wa bayed for a week for more to come in. The new code is 4D00 everyone's favorite MP hold for microchips.

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would love to hear of people who has been on chip hold & the time frame before the got their vehicle in. Maybe give some of us some hope lol
Purchased my Silverado 1500 LT Trail Boss on 31 July. Through some research via the Jack Cooper shipping tracker website I've found that my truck was built near the end of March and has sat awaiting microprocessors for the last several months.
The truck was sent to Penske Vehicle Services in Troy, MI where it has sat since 30 August waiting for them to install the microprocessors. I spoke with them on 9 September and work has not yet begun on the truck. When work starts, it takes an estimated week for install, and then it ships straight to the dealer from Troy, MI.

I put a deposit on the truck initially on 26 July and I was told the truck was "in transit".
Later that day I was told the truck was "invoiced"
On 30 July I was told the truck was on "chip hold"
I went ahead and purchased on 31 July to lock in some rebates... and because I didn't understand the severity of the microprocessor shortage.
I had no updates/movement for a nearly month. I then became frustrated and contacted the dealership since GM chat, Jack Cooper Transport, and the dealership were all indicating conflicting reports (including one of those sources telling me that the truck was located at a plant that doesn't even manufacture the 1500 series).
The dealership submitted an inquiry with GM on 24 August and got ahold of someone directly. I was then informed that the truck was moved to "level 2" priority and the truck was shipped to Penske on 30 August where it has sat for nearly two weeks.

While I doubt this helps, or eases any doubts, hopefully people in my situation may find it informative and can assist in making the decision to purchase or not. I have been told that a purchased vehicle (not a vehicle that has a deposit on it) has a higher priority. I have nothing to compare that statement to, but I suppose it helps me sleep better at night. Additionally, the truck I ordered has additional "bells and whistles" such as the safety package, convenience package, multi-flex tailgate, Bose sound system, etc. All options which require more microprocessors. Keep that in mind when ordering/purchasing as well. Ultimately, those items were important to me- so I was not willing to settle for something less. As frustrating as this process has been, I would still rather wait a few weeks (now, months) for those options instead of a year from now wishing I had that option I decided to not wait for.

Hope this "report" and my two-cents can help anyone in a similar situation. I'll post again when the truck arrives. I am cautiously optimistic that I will have it by the end of September.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for that - and yes it helps me. But honestly, on this sad anniversary date I think we should all just shut up and be patient and thankful we are still here to drive at all. I think about the future in this Country going forward and we should all be very, very, very concerned.

7741 - 7760 of 7876 Posts