GM Inside News Forum banner
7481 - 7500 of 7530 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Linton, I'm guessing ZPHVN0 is still at 4d00 right? Thanks as always. Any insight on how long these MP delays are averaging now? Going on 2 months in 4d00 now.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Can you check on an order VIN 1GTU9EET6MZ296778 my salesman has left the dealership I am buying through and having a hard time getting information. Had been at 4D00 MP since May until I last had an update about a month ago.
I show its on an MP hold it may be a long while.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Linton, I'm guessing ZPHVN0 is still at 4d00 right? Thanks as always. Any insight on how long these MP delays are averaging now? Going on 2 months in 4d00 now.
Its different for each model but I had some Equinoxs take 4 months. Still at 4D00.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ive heard that priority for the MP delays go to ordered vehicles by consumers who put money down. THese vehicles get needed parts first. Dealer ordered vehicles could sit a long time. Any truth?

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Ive heard that priority for the MP delays go to ordered vehicles by consumers who put money down. THese vehicles get needed parts first. Dealer ordered vehicles could sit a long time. Any truth?
Then why are my sold orders not moving? I see lots of orders here sitting at MP as well. I would like to believe that but I dont see it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looking at this I'm just gonna hope these idle plants will be still up working on the produced trucks next week. If this is not the case, then I'm guessing September is the earliest date I see my truck unless it stealth shipped already.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Looking at this I'm just gonna hope these idle plants will be still up working on the produced trucks next week. If this is not the case, then I'm guessing September is the earliest date I see my truck unless it stealth shipped already.
As I was told 1 factory will be running 1 shift only the other 2 would be shutdown till the 2nd.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Then why are my sold orders not moving? I see lots of orders here sitting at MP as well. I would like to believe that but I dont see it.
That's why I brought it up here to get other input. Some salesmen say anything to get you to put money down I guess?

·
Registered
21 Posts
As I was told 1 factory will be running 1 shift only the other 2 would be shutdown till the 2nd.
Yeah, that's what I figured. I know in some of the news reports and when they did the same for SUVs last week there were quotes saying the downtime would allow them to finish the parked vehicles. I hope at the very least that when they start back up they will start by finishing these. It is beyond frustrating to see much newer orders getting pushed to dealers. My dealer also sold me the line about sold orders getting priority yet they had 20 trucks delivered the past three weeks and only 4 were sold orders (one made a month after mine no less!)

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Yeah, that's what I figured. I know in some of the news reports and when they did the same for SUVs last week there were quotes saying the downtime would allow them to finish the parked vehicles. I hope at the very least that when they start back up they will start by finishing these. It is beyond frustrating to see much newer orders getting pushed to dealers. My dealer also sold me the line about sold orders getting priority yet they had 20 trucks delivered the past three weeks and only 4 were sold orders (one made a month after mine no less!)
The question to ask the dealer is not about sold orders but how many of those delivered were pre sold units. A lot of dealers in our area sold the incoming units so they are not classified as Sold orders. Also for the last 2 months there was no way to order a true sold order it was removed from the order system.

7481 - 7500 of 7530 Posts