GM Inside News Forum banner

7061 - 7080 of 7146 Posts

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Hi. Can anyone update me on my order for a 2021 Yukon XL AT4 I ordered back in mid March? My order number is ZMPXQC.
thank you!
You are at 1100. I saw your other post in the group sorry I only track orders on this page as I dont want to track through page after page. Also my sytem closes around 8 pm EST and I cant track orders till the morning.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Linton
Let's try again for 4800.......
It's been on a train for 7 days......lol
Flint is not that far from Selkirk
Zhhbjh
Still at 4200. Your order is not on the train till its at 4800 so its still at the factory. unless it gets missed in the upload scan. Its rare but I have seen that happen.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Still at 4200. Your order is not on the train till its at 4800 so its still at the factory. unless it gets missed in the upload scan. Its rare but I have seen that happen.
Must have missed the scan, dealer just called with rail location. It's in the rail destination yard. Just arrived today, so not unloaded, as I understood 4800 is unloaded at destination

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi! I placed and order for a 2021 Yukon XL Denali with my dealer about a week ago the order # is ZNXR1F and my dealer told me they have an allocation so I just wanted to see if they were telling the truth and the order has been placed and is in the system to be built like they say it is, can anyone help me with that? Thank you very much!

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I was just looking an order up and the option to do a sold order has been removed from our order system. No more sold orders for 2021. They can order it as stock.
Hi! I placed and order for a 2021 Yukon XL Denali with my dealer about a week ago the order # is ZNXR1F and my dealer told me they have an allocation so I just wanted to see if they were telling the truth and the order has been placed and is in the system to be built like they say it is, can anyone help me with that? Thank you very much!
You are at 1100 even if they have allocation it has to match whats not on stop this week.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I was just looking an order up and the option to do a sold order has been removed from our order system. No more sold orders for 2021. They can order it as stock.
What is the difference between a 'sold order' and a 'stock order'?

·
Registered
4 Posts

You are at 1100 even if they have allocation it has to match whats not on stop this week.
Thank you for getting back to me! What does it mean to order it as stock?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Linton,
Are you saying that all sold orders not past 1100 have to be re-entered as stock or that sold orders that are entered from this point on have to be entered as stock?

Thank you.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
What is the difference between a 'sold order' and a 'stock order'?
Stock orders for dealers are orders for regular inventory no price protection and orders have to match any constraints GM has on them. Sold orders are orders attached to a customer name and can be picked up any time GM has avaliable tock the exception when units have allocation like new units this year the Tahoe and Suburban. Sold orders also have price protection you order a unit and GM decides to do a price increase you are not affected stock orders are. As my boss put it one day Sold orders are extra units from GM. The problem with not having sold units is that now you have to waste some of your stock which means less for you to sell means you have to get a better price for that stock.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Thank you for getting back to me! What does it mean to order it as stock?
Basically the biggest difference is they now sacrifice a stock order to get yours placed and they would not have price protection so if there is a price increase and just this week a lot of increases were announced either you will pay or the dealer will lose the difference.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Linton,
Are you saying that all sold orders not past 1100 have to be re-entered as stock or that sold orders that are entered from this point on have to be entered as stock?

Thank you.
No if your order was submitted before the change then its still in the system as a sold order. anything order as of now has to be ordered as stock.

7061 - 7080 of 7146 Posts