GM Inside News Forum banner

6901 - 6920 of 6926 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
My system shows it went in on 1/29. its at 1100 which is where all orders start to be honest it could be months. I have orders in system since October that are still at 1100.
I appreciate the help. My dealer's usually pretty good about keeping me up to date, but right now they're a little buried. The week after I ordered the truck, someone working in the showroom had a positive COVID test, and they sent everyone home for 2 weeks. They ran a skeleton crew with people from their 2 other dealerships, and are now still trying to get caught up.

Again, thanks for the update! It was much appreciated.

Glenn

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Do you think there is a chance that my order will not get produced?
Thats a tough question as we are in unprecedented times. All I can use is whats happened to us in the past. Last year I ordered a truck for a customer in October. I was finally able to deliver it in May. in general if the order has been accepted you should be able to get it built but with the shortage of the chips for vehicles like it is now I just cant tell. In the past any sold orders not built are picked up at the end of the year production they sweep the system to close sold orders but thats in March or April before they do the new model year change over. If you can find a vehicle like you want on the lot thats close to your order you may want to try and buy it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thats a tough question as we are in unprecedented times. All I can use is whats happened to us in the past. Last year I ordered a truck for a customer in October. I was finally able to deliver it in May. in general if the order has been accepted you should be able to get it built but with the shortage of the chips for vehicles like it is now I just cant tell. In the past any sold orders not built are picked up at the end of the year production they sweep the system to close sold orders but thats in March or April before they do the new model year change over. If you can find a vehicle like you want on the lot thats close to your order you may want to try and buy it.
Thank you for the insight.

I know you just checked, but will you check the status of order #ZCRKT0. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Could you check ZJBQJD?, Thank you
Showing 3400 with a 2/15 target week its not unusual to have a target week get extended it looks like they changed you to 3400 on 2/15 so that may be the issue but it should be built soon.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Is that typical for the status to move from 3400 last week, back to status 3000 this week?
Its rare but normally if it was at 3400 you should have had a target week of production as well. With the things going on with the chip shortage and such I could see it happening but even last year when my order was stopped by a strike and covid shutdown my customers order code did not go backwards. It could have been a mistake.

6901 - 6920 of 6926 Posts