GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel that Chevrolet needs a car to fill either the Camaro/Cavalier Convertable's shoes. They need an affordable convertable to compete with the Mustang and the Sebring. I mean the Corvette and SSR are great vehicles but could an average Joe afford one?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
The Mustang & Sebring aren't even in the same class :huh: ...but anyway, I read an article not that long ago that convertibles aren't very popular with consumers. The Solstice will change that :krider:

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
They need a large four seat vert. that the average family can buy. The closest thing to a true family vert. is the Saab 9-3, which has just adequate room for four people. Is it coincidental Saab is GM? :D

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
With the Chevrolet Cobalt being more upscale than the Cavalier, a vert would make sense. But a Malibu convertible would obviously be easier - as it shares its platform with the G6 and 9-3 that will both have convertible variants.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
There are plans to make are producing G6 convertible that will have 270 HP and AWD. I read that in a post on the G6 somewhere on GMIN. It only makes sense if it has a back seat that can comfortably seat two, though. <_<

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
Originally posted by Ming@May 16 2004, 10:11 PM
With the Chevrolet Cobalt being more upscale than the Cavalier, a vert would make sense. But a Malibu convertible would obviously be easier - as it shares its platform with the G6 and 9-3 that will both have convertible variants.
How would a Malibu convertible be obviously easier. When was the last time you saw a 4 door convertible. I think the obvious choice would be the G6 since it already has a 2 door model on the way.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
A Cobalt vert would be nice. Id say that verts are becoming more and more popular. Just look at all the new models.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by big swede+May 16 2004, 11:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (big swede @ May 16 2004, 11:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ming@May 16 2004, 10:11 PM
With the Chevrolet Cobalt being more upscale than the Cavalier, a vert would make sense.  But a Malibu convertible would obviously be easier - as it shares its platform with the G6 and 9-3 that will both have convertible variants.
How would a Malibu convertible be obviously easier. When was the last time you saw a 4 door convertible. I think the obvious choice would be the G6 since it already has a 2 door model on the way. [/b][/quote]
The Malibu would be better suited because the chassis can be developed for a convertable. Im sure the Cobalt could also go topless, but the Malibu would be a cool idea.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I am trying to imagine if a Malibu would even look good as a vert??? Anyone want to give it a try.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
The Sebring and V-6 Mustang convertibles are direct competition for each other.
I always thought GM needed a car in this size/configuration.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@May 17 2004, 10:08 PM
Wouldn't the G6 be perfect for this? Does anyone wanna do a chop on it? :D

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Originally posted by surferdude00711+May 17 2004, 06:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (surferdude00711 @ May 17 2004, 06:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rex Raider@May 17 2004, 10:08 PM
Wouldn't the G6 be perfect for this? Does anyone wanna do a chop on it? :D [/b][/quote]
Ya ever seen this picture? :p

Or...this Topic?
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forum/index.ph...?showtopic=3294

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Originally posted by PontiacJ8+May 17 2004, 10:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PontiacJ8 @ May 17 2004, 10:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 17 2004, 06:28 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Rex Raider
@May 17 2004, 10:08 PM

Wouldn't the G6 be perfect for this? Does anyone wanna do a chop on it? :D
Ya ever seen this picture? :p

Or...this Topic?
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forum/index.ph...?showtopic=3294 [/b][/quote]
:plasma:
yeah, I have. But that isnt exactly clear. I'd wanna c a 3/4 front profile (isnt that oximoron?) view of the car. It does look sleek in that, but I'd like to see a better idea of what it could look like.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@May 17 2004, 10:08 PM
You hit the nail right on the head. I totally agree with you rex.gm does need to give them competition in this class :krider:

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Wasn't the Camaro a Stang competitor? They should buy an 05 Mustang and develop the Camaro while testing it against the Mustang to be sure it is all around a better car. It would be great if Chevy made a Car that C&D raves is better than Fords halo car. :woot2:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts