GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started drawing this the other day, and since the Monte Carlo is in dire need of replacing, I thought that I would share this :)

-Chase

·
Registered
11,071 Posts
I always admire your work, chaseabryant.

For the MC, though, I'd suggest a shorter hood and longer passenger compartment, to distance it from the Camaro. Front looks great though; you've kept the Chevy theme strong.

I wish I had drawing talent that went farther than playing "hangman". I toyed with an idea on how to recapture the fender swoops of the old MC's without looking 1970s. I couldn't even describe it properly, no less express it on paper!

Keep up the good work dude!

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks t-rex, I know I have a bit of a problem with really long hoods.... I just can't help myself :eek: :D

and thanks LAChevy24, that's sort of what I was aiming for, integrating the newer styling that Chevrolet has taken on, and sort of making it a little more lean and mean than the Malibu.

-Chase

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
camaroman22 said:
hmm, chase, how bout chevelle?

Hmmmm....... The similarities..... It is quite odd, I hadn't looked at a single picture while drawing this, but I do see some similarities between this and a Chevelle.... Pretty neat!

-Chase

·
Registered
375 Posts
The Monte Carlo was introduced by Chevrolet to rival with tHe already successful executive's Grand Prix. Like the Grand Prix, the Monte Carlo had a fairly long hood-line. But the Grand Prix had the longest hood-line of any GM product in 1969. KEEP THE LONG HOOD! it's breathtaking!

·
Registered
328 Posts
nice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts