GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sometimes I wonder whether GM is ****ting us when they stretch their awesome new surface language (design style) over a big SUV.
Remember the big Cadilac SUV? That should have been a sedan IMO (ergo, my chop)

And the traverse screamed Impala SUV to me. It still looks like a Chevy so it won't instantly make the rest of the line-up look 9000 years old, but it's modern enough to last a dozen years before major surgery...

So I sedan-ised the fukker:

Enjoy.

Now take a moment to feel the sadness in knowing that this won't make production with the drivetrain of the G8.

·
Super Moderator
20,962 Posts
Well first off, it's Traverse, not Transverse.
Secondly, it looks good from the front to the windshield, but everything towards the back still screams full size crossover, no matter how flattened it's been. I think it's the fact that the D-pillar is still there.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oops name changed. And I don't think the d-pillar is the problem if you're still seeing the crossover- methinks it's the c-pillar that is too thick or obvious (d-pillars are common in sedans...)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Statesman, etc do though, and this has a very different roofline to the Commodore (and ergo has room for another pillar).

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
I'd buy that Impala in a heartbeat. But I would like to see the rear tail light configuration and how a spoiler would look.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Love the Impala. Translated into sedan form very well.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Yeah, I think this looks pretty good. As some mentioned before, the rear still needs a little work, but it does look good.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
very nice. see, while GM is too busy building new things that we aqlready have 3 of, they need to consentrate elsewhere...impala, G6, G5, etc. the cruze would be a good cobalt so dont change the name, the traverse should have been an impala.

·
Registered
803 Posts
That "Impala" looks bloated.

Like the Caddy though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts