GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DETROIT – Minutes before the kickoff of Super Bowl XLIX on NBC, Chevrolet shocked 100 million viewers into thinking that their TVs had failed – only to command their attention seconds later to the Chevrolet Colorado, the 2015 Motor Trend Truck of the Year®.

The spot, “Blackout,” appeared to be a live game feed that transitioned to static and ultimately to a blank screen. Viewers were quickly relieved to find the ‘disruption’ was intentional. Chevrolet then explained that having 4G LTE Wi-Fi in a Colorado, at a time like this, could allow uninterrupted live streaming of the game. The spot closed with AC/DC’s iconic “Back in Black,” the anthem for the Colorado since launch.

The Colorado bookends the game with new advertising in the pre- and post-game, all to amplify Colorado’s unanimous win of Motor Trend’s Truck of the Year award, and its groundbreaking 4G technology. The Super Bowl Most Valuable Player will receive an all-new 2015 Chevrolet Colorado after the game.

Continued at link http://www.gm.com/article.content_pages_news_us_en_2015_feb_0201-superbowl.html

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Tom Brady didn't look overly enthusiastic about his new Colorado.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Yeah, I am not sure why Chevy is trying to force their $20,000 truck on guys who make millions-a-year. Give away a Corvette Z06 and you will get an entirely different reaction.

Reactions: SierraGS

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
I think Brady is sponsored by Audi anyways. He will prob give the Colorado away. I like the Chevy commercials though.
I know he drives an Audi, don't know if he's sponsored by them though.

Hopefully he'll sign it and auction it for charity

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Yeah, I am not sure why Chevy is trying to force their $20,000 truck on guys who make millions-a-year. Give away a Corvette Z06 and you will get an entirely different reaction.
In all fairness the one they gave to him was a loaded Z71 crew cab. So it was probably a $40k truck, still as jz said that's nothing to Brady.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
He was disappointed it wasn't the "UGGS EDITION"

The blackout commercial, pure brilliance. GM marketing has a pulse!

Reactions: AMERICA 123
1 - 20 of 56 Posts