3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 Chevrolet Chevelle Coupe:

Comments and opinions are always welcome! :D

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
hmmm...hmmmm
id love to say ya just might have something here...but they just killed the monte carlo...which was a 2 door just like this...but who knows its possible if they dont do anything with the impala..im not sure haha. nice idea and design though, i like it. fits with the malibu but isn't a copy.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
i like this front fascia...the lower split grille and deletion of the middle lower intake vent is how the new malibu should have been styled. big lower corner vents and a big horizontally split put lower down = amazing. make those foglights a bit bigger, darken some lines, and perhaps a spoiler and it will be perfect!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Your artistry is great. All i can think of is how long it will be before Chevy gets a two door sedan. How would your design look as a Pontiac?

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Your artistry is great. All i can think of is how long it will be before Chevy gets a two door sedan. How would your design look as a Pontiac?
Well actually i tried to draw a Pontiac with similar proportions only sportier and closer to the Corvette even before the Chevelle and the C7 Corvette, but did it all wrong and the car looked tall, short and ugly, so i didn't even uploaded it before, i draw the Chevelle instead. Here's the failed Pontiac:

Personally i think the hood is too short and is too high and the car looks terrible form all sides.

P.S. I'm glad you all liked the Chevelle and thanks for the comments!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
i actually thought at first glance this one seemed a little better then the chevelle. but when you go back to the main readers talent page, the second entry from the very top is a drawing template for 3d views, it has 2 wheels already placed and has a very light box..try printing it out and drawing from that. I havent drawin in 3d in forever and recetly printed off two copies of it for myself and it helps. It isn't easy getting used to the new view when your trained to a different one but after a few drawings it should help.

Also another trick i learned to check proportions, once you draw it, scan it on to the computer and lok at it, see what looks off..then fix it on paper. Or, you can also just hold the page up to a light and look at it through the back, this will deffinetly point out any flaws, i do it all the time.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As i remember i had printed the template some time ago, but i never used it. When i begun to draw cars i used to find a random car on the internet and draw my own car by looking at it's proportions, but a little later i tried to draw cars without looking at any pictures at all, it was really hard at the beginning, but later i got used to it. Usually the first thing i draw is the driver's side headlight, the the grille, the front end and the rest of the car, but when i was drawing the Chevelle the first thing i draw was the side windows and the front end came last and as a result the view of the drawing also changed.

And i usually tried to fix everything that's wrong before scanning the drawing, but i like your idea of scanning it and then looking what's wrong. I noticed that sometimes the drawing doesn't looks as good on the computer as it looked while i was drawing it on the paper.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
And i usually tried to fix everything that's wrong before scanning the drawing, but i like your idea of scanning it and then looking what's wrong. I noticed that sometimes the drawing doesn't looks as good on the computer as it looked while i was drawing it on the paper.
its a pain so a dont do it much but it does help...the light is much quicker but its personal pref.

hmm drawing the headlight first..never thought about that. I always tried to draw the two wheels, connect them, then go towards the silhouette of the front, then the top/other side, and then back down. thats interesting that you do it that way, never heard or that but hey whatever works. I might give it a shot actually.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hmm drawing the headlight first..never thought about that. I always tried to draw the two wheels, connect them, then go towards the silhouette of the front, then the top/other side, and then back down. thats interesting that you do it that way, never heard or that but hey whatever works. I might give it a shot actually.
I begin my drawing from the front end, because it's the most important part of the car, if drawing it that way. I can make the front end looks better and draw it as i imagine it just because i don't have to squeeze it into the body, and then i draw the rest of the car, the body lines follow the ones of the front end. Usually after i draw the rear wheel the car is done except for the details such as rims, shadows and etc. Well at least for me this technique works well :).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.