GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if there is to be a north american "caprice royale" as has been recently discussed in gm news, here's an update that must happen (whether they get it right on the next impala or not)...

6 tail lights...

simple, but i thought i'd propose.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Six tail lamps while a signature of the early sixties Impala should only be done if nicely executed.
Corvette has nice tail lamps the current Impala does not. If GM does such a design steal from the Vette not the current Impala.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
absolutely, canuck. i agree completely. the current impala may be a fine car, but it's no impala and the design should change at the first opportunity--more refined, better chevrolet style. the coming cobalt has better round tail-light execution. anyway--

i can imagine it sitting in my driveway now......
i know, not much of a chop, but i'm hoping to chop a design that could be put together quickly and begin showing up on our shores. plus, i'd absolutely take it with only the changes i've posted...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
while i would like it to come as quickly as possible, i'd change the beltline (on the gto, too) if it could be done quickly. i think the higher-beltline look is a good direction that competitors like the 300C have accomplished well. but the 300C's version is a bit high for some, so caprice could compromise--not too high, but still a bit to bring the look a little more into "today."

again...not much of a chop--subtle. but it updates the car.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Very nice. The changes are very subtle, but what was changed is very nice. I even like the Uplander grille. :D

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Originally posted by oldsintrigue00@Jul 7 2004, 03:38 PM
that would be a great competitor for the vw phaetom and audi a8
phaetom has a price tag will over 60k, i doubt they'll be any crossshopping between an impala and a phaetom, not that the phaetom would be around that long.. i suspect its huge price tag on a vw badge, seals its doom.

anywho, really havent seen anything here for an impala that catch my attention, maybe all new sheet metal would do the trick.. i dont know, guess im just picky being an impala owner.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The grill reminds me of the ones Chrysler uses on the Sebring and old Concorde. Which I don't like. But it does look better with the Chevy bar cutting across. Still its not a look a like a lot. That's just my opinion though.

I like the idea of six taillamps, but it doesn't look good in your chop(no offense). But it's a good idea and I bet in would work on a real model.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Great chops! I like everything, especially the taillights.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i really hope GM brings back the caprice to america, i have a 92 caprice with the 5.0 V8 and i love it, it would be great to get a new one with a LS1 in it!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I can see this car making it to American shores, but not in less than two years -- GM just doesn't move that fast, the Solstice notwithstanding. By then, I suspect DCX will have entrenched itself with V-8, RWD buyers pretty solidly. Although this car is appealing and conservative, if not attractive, I don't see it stealing a significant number of buyers from the 300C when and if it does arrive, but it does provide a competitor that GM currenlty lacks and it is an improvement from the mid-90's Caprice -- I hated those skirts over the rear wheels, but that's just my humble opinion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts