GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,249 Posts
I like the interior. I'm not overly fond of the outside, though, because it just has a warmed-over Cavalier feel, even though it's more than that. I guess time will tell how the public likes it.

Oh, why do all the exterior shots have that dude in them? Are these pictures of the car, or that guy? :unsure:

· Registered
1,249 Posts
Originally posted by demonspeed+Jan 15 2004, 05:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (demonspeed @ Jan 15 2004, 05:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Highlander@Jan 15 2004, 04:44 PM
But when she sold the car she "had" to have an Accord because in her perception Honda is better.  That's the type of mentality that stand in the way of a car like the Cobalt
I think most of the population thinks this way. I have a friend that has said on several occasions "Everyone knows Honda's are better than anything else."

You can't argue or rationalize with these people. They just refuse to believe there are quality American cars. [/b][/quote]
Don't argue with them. Force them to ride in a well-built American vehicle. If they insist on saying that Honda is better, take them for a ride in an LS1, Cobra, or other fast vehicle. If they still say Honda is better, arrange to ship them off to Europe with the rest of the silly anti-American crowd.

· Registered
1,249 Posts
Originally posted by briandors+Jan 20 2004, 11:01 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (briandors @ Jan 20 2004, 11:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-spdwayGm@Jan 18 2004, 05:11 PM
While I like the GTO (1) it aint a Chevy, (2)there are imited number of them for sale and (3) the dreaded Dealer's price adjustment make it not a candidate for purchase.
Wanting to own a Chevy is cool... but the other two reasons don't really make sense. First, any car that is limited in production number stands to hold its resale value much better. Which ties into my second point, you can definitely buy the GTO for sticker price, not all dealers are adding markup and those that are will soon stop because they're losing money. There are 18,000 of them coming over here! That's not small potatoes. I believe by summer the GTO will be selling below sticker.

That said, I hope the Camaro is styled more aggressively than the 04 GTO.

Brian [/b][/quote]
18,000 is not small potatoes. It's less than that. The Mustang's annual sales of around 130,000 units is considered to be small potatoes. If the 'Stang wasn't such an icon and didn't help attract customers to the showroom, the business case for it would be very, very tough to make. Now, 18,000 units is nothing. Even the Korean companies have a tough time getting excited about selling 18,000 units of one vehicle.

You say that limited production means it will hold its resale value better, yet you say later that you'll be able to get the GTO at below sticker. That just doesn't add up. Anybody who gets a GTO below sticker is getting it through an employee discount plan of some sort. Those 18,000 units will be gone pretty quickly, and yes, some will be sold at well over MSRP, because there are people who simply must have them, no matter the price. Same happened with the 03 Cobra, and same will happen with the new Mustang GT, the new Corvette, and the new Camaro (presuming that ever materializes). 18,000 units is not nearly enough for the laws of supply and demand to force the price down to below sticker.

· Registered
1,249 Posts
Originally posted by prod@Jan 19 2004, 04:07 AM
Now I get it!
They made the 03-04 Cavaliers ugly just to make the Cobalt seem prettier. :rolleyes:
That makes a little bit too much sense... I never really got the styling change on the Cavalier like that, but you know... I somehow wouldn't put it past them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.