GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and Chevy started winning races, that would be a true American Revolution. GM said it has no intention into going into Formula 1 because of budget contraints. But if the money was there and they could actually get two American drivers, that woullf be great. I just wanted to see what people thought of an American team in Formula 1. Ozone Motorsport/Chevrolet. Or OzoneChevrolet. :D

BTW, Ford doesn't count cause its engine program is run from its British division and with Cosworth. So the only thing American there is the money from Dearborn.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Red Bull is about to buy out a F-1 team and make it an American team. However I doubt if the money was there if GM would put Chevy in F-1, I think something along the lines or Caddillac would be used, being it is GM's world class line.

·
Registered
8,933 Posts
I don't follow open wheel very much but last time I checked Chevy had to get help to create a competitive engine for Cart so F1 would be out of the question. Even if they could create a competitive package what american driver could take it to the front of F1. Sam Hornish is the only one that I could even come up with that would be in the ballpark. If it could be done it would be the greatest upset in sports history and an awesome feat that would really piss off some Europeans.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts