GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is one concept:
(I am working on another project so once thats complete I do more for this contest)

I have replaced the sucide door version with this 2dr:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,411 Posts
FBody, you never cease to amaze me w/your chopping skills!
I usually like your chops & this one is no different.

Looks like the basis for your Chevette was the Astra, but you changed it greatly, right?
This Chevette of yours looks like it could go head to head w/the Mazda3.
It looks roughly about the same size.

Now I am just waiting to see what ya do for a Chevelle.:)
Good job man!

WOOHOOO!! My 500th post! Now I am Supercharged! Lookout world! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,152 Posts
wow, what a beauty. This chop is amazing, and the quality is wonderful! I too am curious as to what vehicle was used for the base.

-Chase
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,478 Posts
I believe the base was Kabura from Mazda .. the tail is the giveway.

but it is a great chop...

if the rear doors are suicide, the cutline might need adjusting, as i cannot see a suicide hinge workign with such shape.

Also I would work with the nose a little more - I still get a lot of Kabura vibe from that area.

Finally - I am not a big fan of slotted/vented hoods on anything else than supercars - so I would go with a simpler design there.

But an awesome job.

Igor
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks you guys.

I started with one of these:
as you can see it is tall, has a short cab and long front, plus other stuff.

IGOR: I took some of your advise. hey don't forget, mazda copied the chevy SS-concept front
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,478 Posts
FBODYRULES said:
thanks you guys.

I started with one of these:
as you can see it is tall, has a short cab and long front, plus other stuff.

IGOR: don't forget, mazda copied the chevy SS-concept front
they did? I did not know that - I have to go and look it up now ... hmm..
Igor
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,411 Posts
Ahh, the Mazda Kabura concept was the template. Cool!
I like the Kabura too. I think Mazda should built it.
The car mags have speculated that it could be the next/new MX-3.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,478 Posts
LeSabre said:
Ahh, the Mazda Kabura concept was the template. Cool!
I like the Kabura too. I think Mazda should built it.
The car mags have speculated that it could be the next/new MX-3.
;)

Kabura is coming.

Igor
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,411 Posts
^Cool! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
836 Posts
i love it, everyone else's seem too similar, and way too close to the size/looks of the camaro, but this is wicked different, and would fit right into chevy's lineup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
Drool... I love the headlights. And imagine how cheap it could be if it didn't have all the perfromance stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,947 Posts
FBODYRULES said:
IGOR: I took some of your advise. hey don't forget, mazda copied the chevy SS-concept front
great chop FBody

but actually if you remember Chevy copied Mazda first in some design elements off the SS concept from the RX-8

The SS came to Detriot as a concept in 2003 while the Mazda RX-8 was in (almost) production ready trim at Detriot in 2002

2002: http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z4596/Mazda_RX-8/default.aspx


2003: http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z6649/Chevrolet_SS/default.aspx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
camaro_freak said:
great chop FBody

but actually if you remember Chevy copied Mazda first in some design elements off the SS concept from the RX-8

The SS came to Detriot as a concept in 2003 while the Mazda RX-8 was in (almost) production ready trim at Detriot in 2002
interesting, I did not know that,
I wish it was the other way around!
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top