GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears Dia/Chrysler is going to introduce a suprise at the New York Auto Show in April. The rumor floating around is it will be the Dodge Charger Sedan. The return of the Hemi-Charger, that would be cool. Anyone else hear anything.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Its very obvious, Motor Trend predicted it like 4 months ago. Apparently dodge got cold feet about only having wagons, and no sedans...so voila just a rebadged 300C...

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
There's no saying that it has to be brick shaped. The Solstice/Nomad/Curve share a platform and don't look at all the same.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
hmmmmmmmmm!! OMG I cant wait. If so, buh fuggin bye to that turd you all know as the mustang.
Brick my arse... this thing is gunna rock. But they better have a smaller V8 that pushes near 300hp. Leave the Hemi powerd charger coupe for the likes of the Cobra and GTO.

Mother Mopar, here I come!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
UGH!!!...a sedan!!!!...Y a sedan...don't we have enough sedan's running around now?!?!?!?! :blink:

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by casket_demon@Mar 9 2004, 04:23 AM
UGH!!!...a sedan!!!!...Y a sedan...don't we have enough sedan's running around now?!?!?!?! :blink:
but he said a hemi charger too!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
charger=very, very, very good. Mopar is finally making a comeback to the musclecar arena and all that they're getting is guff....I think that ppl should be happy...the styling is the kinda thing you either love it or you hate it...not everyone's going to like it...I just happen to find it very aggressive and rough looking...that appeals to me....and if they ever come out with a coupe I will be first in line to scoop one up

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28+Mar 9 2004, 12:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigals87z28 @ Mar 9 2004, 12:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-casket_demon@Mar 9 2004, 04:23 AM
UGH!!!...a sedan!!!!...Y a sedan...don't we have enough sedan's running around now?!?!?!?!  :blink:
but he said a hemi charger too! [/b][/quote]
So that means it'll B a 2 dr sedan??...riiight??

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by casket_demon+Mar 9 2004, 05:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (casket_demon @ Mar 9 2004, 05:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 9 2004, 12:57 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-casket_demon
@Mar 9 2004, 04:23 AM
UGH!!!...a sedan!!!!...Y a sedan...don't we have enough sedan's running around now?!?!?!?!  :blink:

but he said a hemi charger too!
So that means it'll B a 2 dr sedan??...riiight?? [/b][/quote]
as long as they can price the hemi charger at the mid 20's, they should mop the floor with the mustang.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
All I can say is: WOOT WOOT! :D I'm hoping Dodge will make a full-range of V8-powered "family" cars like in the 50s-70s. The Magnum wagon, a Charger sedan, maybe a Charger coupe? OMG I'd love a Charger coupe to compete with Mustang! Looks like low cost big American muscle is back... B)

·
Registered
954 Posts
Originally posted by RCtennis3811@Mar 9 2004, 05:35 PM
Looks like low cost big American muscle is back...  B)
Until you have to buy insurance and pay for gas <_<

A new Charger concept sounds cool. As long as it looks NOTHING like the 300C.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Originally posted by Hudson@Mar 9 2004, 03:45 PM
By the way, the "Charger" isn't going to be a 2-door.
What's it going 2 B then???.....Has DC come up with a feasable way 2 build a practical 1dr car....what am I missing here?

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
There was a quote I read somewhere in a magazine or article that quoted Dodge as saying v8, rwd coupes are dead. I don't know how true that is though. I personally don't think a 4 door Charger is a good idea. Maybe have the 4 door be an Avenger and the 2 door a Charger.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
4 door charger would piss everyone off...
better ressurect the plymouth radrunner if it's going to be a 2 door version-hehe-

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
The four-door Charger concept car of a few years back didn't "piss everyone off." On the contrary, it was quite popular. Chrysler executives have said (and rightfully so) that the 2-door market is too small for them to focus on with this car. The "Charger" will be a four-door sedan on the RWD LX platform. It has been promised to be substantially different from the 300 because Chrysler doesn't "rebadge" anymore (according to their quote). Although it won't be like the concept car (sadly), I hope it leans more toward the Charger concept than the Super Hemi 8 concept or the Magnum production cars.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts