·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thursday, July 10, 2008

No Challenger? No Problem:
Hot SRT8 muscle car is still available at some dealerships

Eric Morath / The Detroit News

The 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 is not sold out after all.

The retro-looking muscle car can still be found through some Chrysler LLC dealers, including one in northern Macomb County that has 19 Challengers for sale. That's a surprising number considering the automaker has said the entire production run of the vehicle was sold even before the first ones rolled off the assembly line in May.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080710/AUTO01/807100354/1148

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I will be getting mine next Friday. :D

Unfortunately, I have to give it back to Chrysler the following Tuesday afternoon. But man, I can't wait to test it for five days!

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
mm Hemi

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Not a suprise number when a bunch of those original orders showed up and the dealers tried tacking on market adjustments at the same time as the gas prices kept soaring. I read on the Challenger forum by a guy who lives near that Macomb County dealer who still has 19 Challengers and he had a $10,000 market adjustment on them. Serves them right in my opinion. I'm not the type to whine and complain about market adjustments but when it doesn't work out so well for the dealer I don't have any sympathy for them either because it pisses off customers and hurts the bigger picture (Chrysler).

Give it a few more months when the RT's show up and you will be able to get some nice deals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts