GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.....I have a '92 Cavy..and I've always wondered...is it an RS or not? It has no badging to allow me to assume that it is, but one time when I went to check it's blue book value. I was asked what kind it was, and a plain Cavalier was not an option, it had to either be an RS, VL, or a Z24. I've seen Cavys with badging for each...but mine has none. So what's up with that? Do I have an RS or what? Come to think of it....I've had the same problem with my Camaro, I've never seen a 4th Gen sporting the RS badge, but I've seen them reffered to as RS's anyway....

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have no clue about the cav... but i have seen some 4th gens with rs badging. I think they ended the camaro rs somewhere between 94 and 96... i dont think i was any help but maybe someone will see an error with my camaro rs and tell me the real answer.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
As far as the "RS" Cavalier goes, I've never heard of there being an offical package from Chevy. All of what I've seen were just sticker packages 4 them )I've even seen SS Cavalier roaming about.
The Camaro on the other hand, there was an actual "RS" pacakge 4 it that came from the factory with ground FX and maybe a few other "performance" options,but nothing 2 wet ur pants about. I belive Chevyy/GM started offering that package in 96 or whenever GM started 2 offer psuedo perofrmance pieces 4 the F-bodies. I have no clue however, when the "RS" was package was dicontinued. Although I am pretty sure I've seen some 98 RSeseses around my area.

·
Registered
475 Posts
The 4th generation RS package was an SLP option.

It goes like this:

Firehawk/SS with all options
Firebird GT/Camaro RS

I'm not sure what happened to the RS package, GM might have killed it when they brought SS production in house.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
casket_demon is correct about the Camaro RS models.

There were pleny of Cavalier RS's. My grandma had a 92 she bought new. It'll say RS on the doors I believe. They were available in coupe or sedan. You probably have the VL (Value Leader). Either way, it's probably not worth anymore than a $1,000.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool, thanx...

Ha....I'm not lookin to sell.....no one would buy it.....some idiot that didn't bother to see if anyone was crossing the street plowed right through my J Body.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
**views photo of aftermath** ouch-- in that shape, I think you are now the proud owner of a gigantic Cavalier paperweight/doorstop. ;)

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
ouch!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
WOW...

·
Registered
922 Posts
WEEEOUCH! Atleast you are alive... see Gm didnt make those cars that [email protected]#y!
Sell it for parts, or buy another one and you can pluck stuff as you need it. That was in really good shape(like an old lady owned it).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts