GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What car magazines does everyone out there read? I am a loyal reader/subscriber to Motor Trend and C/D, for a combined cost of $22 a year for both of them, you cant beat it. I also like Road and Track, but the size of the magazine is a turnoff, its huge! Automobile Mag is ok I guess, I dont like how they say "revealed" when its just a computer enhanced photo(ie: this months cover, BMW M2 Revealed!!). What car mags do you read................??

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Here is what all I read every month:

C&D
Motor Trend
Truck Trend
AutoWeek
Automotive News
R&T
Automobile
AMI Auto World

uhhh, I think that is it :blink:

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
My favorite is by-far Automotive News! It is VERY expensive, but it is VERY informative too... It comes every Tuesday and is huge, and you also get a bunch of extra magzines with it throughout the year!

Its $139 a year

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Originally posted by rme8494@May 8 2004, 10:17 PM
Just Motor Trend here.....
Motor Trend must have got a hold of my name because about a week ago I got the May & June Issue in my mail box for free, no bill, pretty neat eh? :D
Magazines I read: Smokes Signals (from the Pontiac-Oakland Club International), AutoWeek (Online), Automobile Mag (at work), sometimes Hot Rod & High Performance Pontiac (at the grocery store at midnight) going to subscribe to these 2 pretty soon as soon as I get some plastic.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
I read all car mags but I only subscribe to Car & Driver.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I subscribe to Motor Trend, but I'll read whatever I can get my hands on.

·
Registered
538 Posts
the one's I get and read are...

- AutoWeek
- Automobile
- Car & Driver
- Motor Trend
- Road & Track

hey NSAP... think I'm going to look into that Automotive News'. Sounds cool

·
Registered
327 Posts
Subscribed to Car and Driver, MotorTrend, Road & Track,Offroad Adventures and usually buy Truckin and the duPont Registry every once in a while.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
I subscribe to Car Craft and Hot Rod but will read or buy MT or others based upon the stories. I keep browsing through Chevy High Performance for any MC articles but they seem to be non-existent. CHP still makes for good reading.
I prefer Car Craft due to the technical articles and I read Hot Rod mainly for the rides. I am a pro street fan while my brother-in-law prefers customs. I don't know how to write this otherwise-he shows his woodie with a surfer theme in the Gary IN area. So we kind of mix our tastes and swap mags when we're finished reading them.

Regarding C&D and MT and the lot, they print too many opinions without any technical backup. 0-60 times, 1/4 mile times,... All this is nice information but I rarely see them get into the meat of the motors. In contrast, either Car Craft or Hot Rod has been running features on motors (such as the new Hemi- a nice cut away of the motor as a centerfold).

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
I have pretty much every Car and Driver from 1975 - present, and quite a few from 1970-1974.

I will glance at MT on the newsstand or anywhere else I see one. I used to love Automotive News when they carried it at work, but I don't have access anymore and I can't afford to get it myself.

Road and Track just doesn't test enough American cars to hold my interest, and I find them too heavily into racing.

I used to suscribe to Automobile, but they didn't do any instrumented testing and were very high-brow in their reporting which I didn't always care for. I think since DED Jr. left, they have started doing their own testing again, so I will keep checking them out.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Originally posted by R.E Sanchez@May 10 2004, 04:21 AM
the one's I get and read are...

- AutoWeek
- Automobile
- Car & Driver
- Motor Trend
- Road & Track

hey NSAP... think I'm going to look into that Automotive News'. Sounds cool
Dito that for me! :D