GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Yup. Now, marketing needs to convince more people to buy the CTS.
I would have liked to see the Ford Fusion on this list. The Ford looks much better inside and out, drives as well or better than the Accord, it just doesnt get the gas mileage of the Accord or the 6. I think its because the Japanese competition carries less mass like 2 or 300 pounds. I also like the Impala but large cars are just not getting enough attention and why doesnt this car offer optional AWD ? The Regal is a hell of a car too but maybe its pricey and the backseat is small.

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Surprising about the 3/4, but you knew that they couldn't leave BMW out.

I guess Honda sent a smaller check this year (just kidding). The charade about the Fit being one of the ten best cars in the world has finally ended. I wonder if they'll ever remove the Accord. It doesn't belong anymore.

Golf? Really?

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
I did not like the Accord hybrid. It had a lot going for it, but the front passenger legroom is terrible and the CVT made too much racket. Also, the Mustang is just not sorted out yet and I think everyone knows it.

·
Registered
15,633 Posts
Well, obviously a look @ NHTSA, IIHS, and Informed for Life was not included in the selection process.

There are some scores there on various impact protection performances that are fully inexcusable given the products - and brands, their voluminous safety BS spin, and prices involved although they did manage to miss many of the biggest disappointments all in all.

And yet, a fair amount of more pedestrian product can provide a much better impact protection profile.

On that note, Accord Coupe can be in the 10 Best, but not the 4dr.

Odyssey ( since recalls and those kinds of things are not considered either ) should definitely knock something off the list - or is that considered in a different category ?

In an MV no less, which can be one of the more difficult ones to get really good.

Besides the other four to five BMW fails BMW basically across the line, this is also another type.

Audi and MB screw up even worse in many instances.

As expected, you can forget about Toyota, Scion, and Lexus.

If you really value this sort of thing, then Chrysler 200 knocks another one off as well.

And yep, Dart.

And Malibu.

And Genesis 4Dr.

Oh and uh any and all 1500 Sierra and Siverado who have essentially established a new and super good PU bench mark.

And maybe just maybe...... ATS who has a fine start as does CTS, but unfortunately does not have a quite completed profile .

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Cadillac really has taken over as the Marque for drivers.

Notable misses including 3/4
1. New S Class
2. Z/28
3. New Alfa Romeo (Just for showing up)
4. Buick GS in place of the Accord
C&D's 10Best tends to be those w/ driving enjoyment and as impressive the S Class is, it's not exactly a driver's car.

I love every car on the list except for the Golf. It's good but far from great.
The new Golf has been getting rave reviews.

I guess Honda sent a smaller check this year (just kidding). The charade about the Fit being one of the ten best cars in the world has finally ended. I wonder if they'll ever remove the Accord. It doesn't belong anymore.

Golf? Really?
Yes - the Golf.

The new Fit has been noted to be less fun to drive; the Accord, while a nice all-arounder, shouldn't be a Top10 anymore (the Mazda6 in the segment is enough).

However, the Fit has made other top 10 lists as other publications don't put as much emphasis on the fun to drive factor.

As for the Mustang, the reviews haven't exactly been glowing except for possibly the GT, but I take issue w/ C&D awarding specific trims/performance lines when the entire lineup should be assessed.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
The Accord is a great car. Reasons it's included in the Ten Best:

*You can still order it with a manual transmission, which alone takes it to the top of the list.
*The Sport model is a fantastic value for the money. Less than $25k with a manual and it drives fantastically.
*Honda still offers a V6 engine while other competitors have dropped them in favor of Turbo 4's which are typically more thirsty for fuel and less reliable.
*The range goes from a basic (but far from it) $23k LX all the way to a fully loaded $34k Touring.

I love the current Accord, and it will be my first new car purchase at the beginning of the year.

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
The Accord is a great car. Reasons it's included in the Ten Best:

*You can still order it with a manual transmission, which alone takes it to the top of the list.
*The Sport model is a fantastic value for the money. Less than $25k with a manual and it drives fantastically.
*Honda still offers a V6 engine while other competitors have dropped them in favor of Turbo 4's which are typically more thirsty for fuel and less reliable.
*The range goes from a basic (but far from it) $23k LX all the way to a fully loaded $34k Touring.

I love the current Accord, and it will be my first new car purchase at the beginning of the year.
Accord is a great car, but you really can do better for the money you will spend

·
Premium Member
36,289 Posts
Cadillac really has taken over as the Marque for drivers.

Notable misses including 3/4
1. New S Class
2. Z/28
3. New Alfa Romeo (Just for showing up)
4. Buick GS in place of the Accord
Accord is going nowhere but on next year's list. I think CD has excluded it one time. To put it in crude homo-sapian terms, the Accord is in CD's pants.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts