GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
9,066 Posts
another good exterpt

...The Cobalt SS treats mid-corner bumps with indifference and features ride characteristics that remind us of—gulp—the Volkswagen GTI. Lumpy, bumpy roads unfurl beneath the new SS with no drama; this car is very well damped....

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
I am really impressed with this car.

I never thought I would say this....but I wish GM would put as much effort into the Impala and mid sized trucks as they do the small and mid sized cars.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
160 mph, 30 mpg, and a balanced chassis. Wow. Is the Turbo sedan confirmed? If so that is moving to the top of the list when my lease is up next year.

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts

I never thought I would say this....but I wish GM would put as much effort into the Impala and mid sized trucks as they do the small and mid sized cars.
what are you talking about? GM dosen't put any effort into their small cars, just ask people on this site. :p:

p.s. i'm seriously concidering purchasing a turbo cobalt.

·
Registered
434 Posts
A $275 in dash nav for 2009???:eek: I find that hard to believe...

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I've very happy to see a sedan SS coming for 2009. Every time GM offers a coupe but not a related sedan in top performance trim it's like they're stuck in the 1960s.

In-dash nav for $275 sounds like a different system than those that sell for $900+.

Full price list for the 2008 anywhere? I'd like to get it into TrueDelta's pricing database.

Edit: seems that the short list of options in the Motor Trend preview is the entire list of options. So the SS will be in my next upload to the server, maybe tonight.

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
best review of the Cobalt SS yet!:) All seems accurate based on my limited experience in it thus far. This is a great vehicle and I hope it gets all the respect it deserves, AND SOME ADVERTISING HELLO GM that would be nice too!

CobaltSS

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
best review of the Cobalt SS yet!:) All seems accurate based on my limited experience in it thus far. This is a great vehicle and I hope it gets all the respect it deserves, AND SOME ADVERTISING HELLO GM that would be nice too!

CobaltSS
How'd you get some experience in it? I'm looking forward to taking one for a spin. The sedan might even work for me, though I'd rather have a hatch.

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Although it would have been nice to throw some money at rocker panels..or new rims. Or hell, a revised front facia??

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
If this car is as good as they say it is.. the next-gen Cobalt SS should be crazy awesome!!

·
Registered
316 Posts

I agree with you, but I still remember consumers and editors griping about the fact that GM used to dump too much of its resources into the mid-sized trucks before they dealt with their smaller vehicles. Times have changed.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
way to go GM!

now they will only have to offer some stage I,II, etc turbo kits.
this may very well become the quintesential sleeper (if deprived of the rear wing). much nicer than the old wrx or neon r/t.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Good car, too bad it looks so bland.

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Wow. What a positive review. In fact a very positive review. It sounds to me, that GM struck the right balance between comfort and performance with the new Cobalt SS's suspension.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I've read all five reviews and I can't freakin' wait until the '09 model with it's Bluetooth and USB hits the lots. I really hope they bring back an orange color, namely 28U Brazen Inferno Orange from the Solstice.

RedVee8 said:
Good car, too bad it looks so bland.
I love the styling. It's not gimmicky or complicated, just clean, smooth and classic. The sedan is kinda boring but the coupe is great. JMO

1 - 20 of 39 Posts