GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Quite a few years ago this would be a huge story i think but having a perfectly balanced ride is so much more important these days. I personally just over look the stat.

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
Hellcats a cool ride but the announcement type continual behavior on various forums is kind of weak..

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
So this article compares times achieved on 9/26/2008 with driver "DV" to those achieved on 11/12/2014 with driver "KC". The form appears to have changed in the 6 years between testing, but I didn't see weather conditions on the HC's tests, but given that November is typically a decent bit colder than September, it's not unreasonable to assume the Hellcat had better air for HP production. Not to mention that the ZR1 was updated several times with better tires and launch control systems throughout it's run from 08 to '13, so basically this is comparing to the slowest version of ZR1.

Interesting comparison but different drivers on a different day 6 years apart makes it pretty hard to draw any actual conclusions from this. ZR1s in the hands of private owners have run as fast as [email protected] bone stock on stock tires under ideal conditions however. I have seen some high 10s numbers from the Hellcat, but it's always on DRs. The bone stock on DR record on the ZR1 is [email protected], so real world results so far are still in the ZR1s favor. The Hellcat hasn't had nearly the time for owners to wring them out in ideal conditions yet though, so that's still not a totally fair comparison. It will be interesting to see what the record runs for the Hellcat turn out to be, as it is very fast no doubt, and the automatic should make it easier to pull consistent fast runs than the M6 in the ZR1.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.