GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Canadian driver did their 2nd annual "drive the Toyota slower to get better economy 50 liter challenge" And tested 15 cars. Needless to say, the Toyota wins the test, because well, after all, it had to.

Anyway, they also do weekly "day by day" tests where they keep a car for a week and give daily articles about it. Last week it was an LTZ Malibu, this week a Corolla S. Bother previous articles play into this one.

They start the article out with how great the Corolla is, and also with how bad the Malibu was (not enough space last week). I get a little annoyed, so I left my opinion on the matter... Probably be banned tomorrow.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/forum/index.php/topic,58073.0.html
Mine is the first comment.

·
Banned
1,083 Posts
I can't figure out how what you wrote constitutes banning.
You could go there with some of my material, you know. None of it is copywrighted...

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
The Corolla also has the best EPA ratings of that group. I don't see what makes it so astonishing (or evil) that a reviewer also got the highest gas mileage.

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
Fight over ... they've shaken hands and made up:

Wing (The writer):

Someone is reading way too much into it. I loved the Malibu, I didn't love the fact that it took as much gas as my truck, but I expected it too and simply mentioned it. By the way, look back at my Aura review I got 13.5L/100km with the Aura so I was glad to get better with the Malibu.

My blogs are blogs, not reviews, I write with a different style for the blogs, more informal, I often mention previous cars in my blogs to keep readers going on a story that is all.

Thanks for reading

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex MacLean (aka Logansowner):

I apologize, reading again, I can see I was wrong. I guess sometimes the American cars get a bad reputation, so I get a little defensive over the ones that are pretty decent.

I love the website, the reviews are usually fantastic, and you guys always have the best shots, and typically more of them than any other review site. It's nice to have a picture of jsut about everything to get a good idea of exactly what is being described.

I'm sorry for coming off as a jerk.

·
Banned
1,083 Posts
I was reading this guys reviews and he doesn't appear to be biased against the domestics. There were some problems, such as giving the Malibu 4 Steering Wheels* out of 5 for ride and giving the same to the Accord coupe, even though we all know the Malibu is much better behaved on the road than the Accord (whether coupe or sedan).
But for the most part, he seems to have positive praise for just about everything he was testing.

He gave more Steering Wheels to the Accord than to the Malibu, yet he seemed more critical of the Accord than he was the Malibu.

*This reviewer, lol, uses Steering Wheels instead of Stars to rate his cars in the various categories.

·
Banned
1,083 Posts
The Corolla also has the best EPA ratings of that group. I don't see what makes it so astonishing (or evil) that a reviewer also got the highest gas mileage.
Aren't you the same clown that said the EPA's numbers are BS?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
They did it on the first "50L Challenge" Honda Toyo and Kia(I think) were the only cars with manual transmissions.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
You guys should just find a Pro-GM article thing where the GM car wins.
That way you guys wont get your panties in a bunch :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts