GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry bout the title, my eBay feeback got the better of me...

We were all sickened by the last Canadian review and the crappy hockey analogies.

Canadian Driver loves this car.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/mc/08cts.htm

Canadiandriver said:
"All of that Bob Lutz-flavoured lip service regarding GM interiors wasn't just a smokescreen," remarks Michael Clark. "The quality control for this GM needs to be bottled up and sprayed with reckless abandon on the rest of the divisions," he says.

5,934 Posts
It wasn't that Mr. Duarte's review was poor because it was negative, it was that it was poorly written. Rambled. No point. Instead of reviewing the CTS, he compared it with the 5 Series (a $71,000 car) he drove the next week. As my reply stated, he might as well have compared the CTS with a Mayback 62 if he had gotten one of those from his editor the following week.

Mr. Duarte just seemed like a guy who had a little website about cars, and he submitted his resume to Autonet.com. He may have taken a few journalism courses at his local community college, but never got the diploma.

Mr. Clark is a journalist. He reviews the CTS for what it is, a +$40,000 sports sedan.

Although many car reviews, outside of hp/torque numbers and 0-60 times, are subjective, Mr. Clark is able to present it in an objective way.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
It wasn't that Mr. Duarte's review was poor because it was negative, it was that it was poorly written. Rambled. No point. Instead of reviewing the CTS, he compared it with the 5 Series (a $71,000 car) he drove the next week. As my reply stated, he might as well have compared the CTS with a Mayback 62 if he had gotten one of those from his editor the following week.

Mr. Duarte just seemed like a guy who had a little website about cars, and he submitted his resume to Autonet.com. He may have taken a few journalism courses at his local community college, but never got the diploma.

Mr. Clark is a journalist. He reviews the CTS for what it is, a +$40,000 sports sedan.

Although many car reviews, outside of hp/torque numbers and 0-60 times, are subjective, Mr. Clark is able to present it in an objective way.
Right. It wasn't just that he gave the CTS4 a poor review, his review of it was crappy. His reasons were that the interior was too quiet, the stiff, sport suspension was too stiff and sporty, the new styling was outdated and it wasn't as good and it wasn't better than another luxury car that is larger and priced at roughly 1.7times the CTS. :confused: I can't remember the last time I read such a crappy article. He griped that it was it only as good as impossible to pronounce named hockey players, not difficult to pronounce hockey players. It seems to me that they grabbed him from his sports desk post because the car reviewer was on vaction.

·
Registered
768 Posts
According to many people on this board the CTS should be compared to the 5 series. Even though the CTS is almost half the price.

Does the CTS come with sport seats? The one i sat in had those really soft seats that reminded me of the Chrysler New Yorker, you know kind of like a cushion.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
"This King of Panes gets Auto-down for all windows, with ascent for the two front positions."
Sorry, I think this guy's a 'tard. The whole article was one big mess of "play on words" writing. Did he even drive the car? If he did, I missed the driving impression section.

All that aside - great car!

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Cant wait for the Coupe!

·
Registered
812 Posts
The spare...oh, the spare!!!

They should use it as standard rubber other GM vehicles. Pretty slick.

The article was a bit incomplete though. While the guy was trying to be whitty, he didn't mention a few facts for those who aren't "in the know". The model he tested was the CTS4, what's the "4" stand for? AWD? How did the ride feel while driving around town? In the snow?

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
not a bad review way better than the last Canadian review on the CTS where it was made up mostly of crappy hockey puns and little actual information. But That has to be the nicest spare tire I have ever seen in a car

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.