GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TORONTO, May 3 (Reuters) - Canadian automakers were firmly in the driver's seat in April as the major car companies all reported higher sales on Monday, pointing to an encouraging spring rebound.

The April figures built on March's sturdy results, which had offered a glimmer of hope that the dreary figures from previous months may be fading as customers take advantage of a slew of new products in the traditionally better spring sales period.

General Motors of Canada (NYSE:GM - News), the country's biggest automaker, said total monthly sales rose 14.3 percent to 46,908 vehicles, with healthy gains in both car sales, up 11.2 percent, and truck sales, ahead 17.7 percent.

Ford Motor Co. of Canada (NYSE:F - News) snapped its losing trend to post higher monthly sales, reporting a 7.4 percent rise in total sales to 20,921. Truck sales were up 13.4 percent but car sales were down 6.8 percent from the same period last year.

Full Story HERE

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
The new Daewoo Chevys seem to be pulling small car sales up for GM. I have seen quite a few Aveos and Optras on the road lately.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Originally posted by tgagneguam@May 3 2004, 11:51 PM
Geeze, Toyota, even Ford's rise beat you in Canada!  Pull yourself together!
The die hard Toyota people that I know seem disappointed with the current crop of product they are being offered; perhaps Scion will change a lot of that, but I have my doubts. I think that North American quality is proving superior to many, if not most imports, and buyers who wouldn't look at a domestic are now doing so for the first time in a long while. The Aveo and it's siblings also seem to be drawing a few that wouldn't normally have looked at a GM car, too. Maybe that will convince them to buy a Malibu next time around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts