GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey does anyone here that lives in Canada have an '88 fiero formula???
I was wondering how much the insurance is, im guessing fairly expensive because its a 2 seater and rwd... if anyone has any info on the monthly insurance rates, that would be great. I am thinking about buying one. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,401 Posts
I have seen a few around. They are pretty cool litle cars. Insurance will depend on your age, sex, marital status, previous claim history, tickets accidents, where you live, and how long you have been driving. There might be a few other factors as well.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,307 Posts
The fact that it's 16 years old and not a collectible, will probably make the insurance relatively cheap.

Go to: http://www.kanetix.com

It's a Canadian online quote giver for different insurance companies. No obligation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Feb 4 2004, 10:52 PM
The fact that it's 16 years old and not a collectible

The 88 formula and GT's are definately collectible with a much improved susp,vented brakes and rear sway bar. ( about $1000 worth of improvements were made per car) Only about 12,000 formula's and gt's were made that year. In fact these 16 year old cars can match the slalom speed of a new base Corvette. Insurance with a good record for someone in their 30's in US will run 350 for 6 months of full coverage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i am 19 M ontario canada
and clean driving record, almost 4 years driving experience and full license, if you can still help based of this, that would be great
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No... sadly I don't have one... I really want one soooo bad tho

that's why i am inquiring on the insurance... because i was thinking, rwd... mid engine.. coupe, might be expensive on insurance... but then again its 88....
I don't know, but I really want one
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
23,621 Posts
Originally posted by god@Feb 9 2004, 09:55 PM
No... sadly I don't have one... I really want one soooo bad tho

that's why i am inquiring on the insurance... because i was thinking, rwd... mid engine.. coupe, might be expensive on insurance... but then again its 88....
I don't know, but I really want one
well like someone said it's now 15 years old... and it's not really an exotic. i had an '84 4 cyl (i know, not the same thing), and it was pretty damn cheap to insure (less than my '88 olds calais aka grand am). so i really don't think it'd be too nuts... call an insurance broker and ask! and while you and I might feel theyr'e collectible, i don't think generally fieros are real hot ticket collectibles. good luck man... i want pics when you buy one!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Originally posted by paul8488@Feb 9 2004, 05:33 PM
i don't think generally fieros are real hot ticket collectibles.
The 84 indy model and 88 gt and formula are, and the gt models also from 86 and 87 are becoming more popular. An 88gt with 100k miles has a blue book value of almost $5,000 !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
There is way more than one fiero fanatic here.
84se man-4spd w/turbo 3100.
We're everywhere!!! We're Everywhere!!!
And as for insurance, my vin still says it's a 4cylinder, so it's cheap.
If you want to know how collectible fieros are, go to www.fiero.nl, and sit in on the forum, some of us have more than ten of them.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
23,621 Posts
Originally posted by Maetrix66@Mar 10 2004, 03:29 PM
There is way more than one fiero fanatic here.
84se man-4spd w/turbo 3100.
We're everywhere!!! We're Everywhere!!!
And as for insurance, my vin still says it's a 4cylinder, so it's cheap.
If you want to know how collectible fieros are, go to www.fiero.nl, and sit in on the forum, some of us have more than ten of them.
10 fieros? nice! glad to see there's a buncha you guys still excited about the fiero! i'll have to check out the forum. whohoo!
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top