GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
12,660 Posts
How'd I do?

Re: the sales ban...regardless if they did or didn't 2035 is around the time that most, if not all automakers will be majority EV...Only ICE relics I see in 15 years would be the full size SUVs and maybe a few compact/midsize hybrids. And even they would have an EV counterpart.

So for me, this story doesn't move the needle at all. All this sales ban here is all political posturing...one side wants to take credit for something that would happen with/without them and the other side to rally folks against that movement.
You did good, I thought maybe we were dealing with aliases ;) You are correct too.... Purely political posturing and pandering, saying or doing what their followers think they want them to say and do. All meant to keep them in power or have a seat in those buildings.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
If this is like Norway, they'll continue to pump as much oil out of the ground as they can, sell it to anyone who will buy it, and think they're fighting climate change because they themselves aren't using it. Do they really think that makes sense?
I wish our government was "smart" enough to think that way BUT NO there goal is to squash Alberta's oil production and any other "non green" industries
there is a pipeline to ship oil from Alberta to Quebec VS shipping it from the middle east / Rail road and 10 years on it is still in "limbo"

·
Registered
12,660 Posts
I wish our government was "smart" enough to think that way BUT NO there goal is to squash Alberta's oil production and any other "non green" industries
there is a pipeline to ship oil from Alberta to Quebec VS shipping it from the middle east / Rail road and 10 years on it is still in "limbo"
And yet the US is no better, well sort of. The way they killed Keystone and other stuff in our new Green Agenda under puppet Biden. No more self sufficiency/self reliance .

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
ICE cars are obsolete, they haven't improved very significantly since the early to mid 2000s, heck some manufacturers like Toyota are still using variants of engines that were basically designed in that period...

OEMs are too scared to innovate because the risks are so huge, instead plop an ugly infotainment screen and touch sensitive buttons into the same basic powertrain tech from 20 years ago.
Tesla was formed in 2003, they are still 'using a variant of the same tech designed in that period' with little improvement even since the 9-yr old Model S came out.

My mid-90s truck had a 5.0L I-6 / a 4-spd auto, had 265 TRQ @ 2000 and got 15 MPG.
My '21 truck (about 1000 lbs heavier) has 3.0L I-6 / a 10-spd, has 420 TRQ @ 1500, and gets 23 MPG with a 624 mile range.

·
Premium Member
12,557 Posts
Tesla was formed in 2003, they are still 'using a variant of the same tech designed in that period' with little improvement even since the 9-yr old Model S came out.

My mid-90s truck had a 5.0L I-6 / a 4-spd auto, had 265 TRQ @ 2000 and got 15 MPG.
My '21 truck (about 1000 lbs heavier) has 3.0L I-6 / a 10-spd, has 420 TRQ @ 1500, and gets 23 MPG with a 624 mile range.
Are you seriously going to argue the maturity of BEV tech vs. ICE?

·
Registered
12,660 Posts
'Maturity'? No; I quoted exactly what I was addressing; the claim that there's been no IC progress over the last 20 years.
You are about right. I think this is one of the reasons a company like gm comes up with the BS start/stop tech. To eke a little more "efficiency" or economy out of something.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Some of your guys thinking, like its still 1970 and nothing has to change, is comedy gold I tell ya.
Spoken like one who approves of forcing change on people whether they want it or not while the government does the opposite.

·
Premium Member
34,383 Posts
You are about right. I think this is one of the reasons a company like gm comes up with the BS start/stop tech. To eke a little more "efficiency" or economy out of something.
There has been both progress and BS. You got to admit, a V6 3.6 putting out 325 HP and almost 300 pounds feet of torques 20 years ago without turbos would have been front page news of motor trend

·
Registered
7,886 Posts
According to other press releases, GM will be an EV-only car maker before 2035 with ambitions for Ultium to rule the world - so this news should be great for GM fans.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
View attachment 64048

A lot more lies ...... list grows
You really want to turn another car thread into political mudslinging? Because pretty much everything you accuse that old guy of, you can do the same to the previous old guy.

Reactions: richmond2000
21 - 40 of 45 Posts