GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my cousin bought a 300ZX a few months ago...since then....I've been wantin' to see what it can do.....as I had never seen or heard of one 'till she bought her's. Just my luck, yesterday I was on I-45 comin' home...and I had to get cross over to I-10, well...when I did...I came up on this Black 300ZX that was makin all this noise....(traffic was heavy so he was trying to intimidate people and make them move) I saw this and thought....ok mamasita....let's see what you can do then I sped up and weaved in and out of lanes as fast as I could and I pulled up right next to him and reved my engine a few times.....then I took off....but as he changed lanes to try to follow me...I slammed on the brakes....and let him stay behind me for a few miles, then I changed lanes a few times.....and left him in the dust...or so I thought.....out of nowhere he comes back from the far right lane....so I swerve to the left and squeeze in between these two semis...he couldn't keep up.....and I felt sorry for him...so I changed lanes one last time and let him pass me. I still haven't done any mods to my Dahlia ('95 3.4L V6 all stock) so....I was pretty proud of her.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Sorry to say, but what you did wasn't very smart.

I'm not against illegal street racing, but doing it in traffic is a good way to get people killed.

Especially in a v6 fbody, you probably don't have the brakes or the heavier suspension the v8 models do.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, had we been going 70 mph+....but the fastest either of us got to go was about 30 mph (and we didn't maintain it very long).....as I said traffic was very heavy (I'd have never tried what I did with the Semis had we been going 70 +). As far as the inferior suspension and brakes go, the fact that they are (inferior) is what makes the car a ninja....and in some instances the driver...I've been in plenty of situations where the brakes failing...helped me more than they hurt me. Anyway....Merry Christmas :D .

·
Registered
131 Posts
You and your car are ninjas? Whatever the hell that is supposed to mean. What you did was stupid and dangerous. I cannot even count how many times I see drivers like you cause accidents here in LA. If you think that you have unique skills and your car is fast take your car to the local dragstrip and/or autocross event. Maybe then you will find that your car is slow and your skills are minimal.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You and your car are ninjas?
If you think that you have unique skills and your car is fast take your car to the local dragstrip and/or autocross event. Maybe then you will find that your car is slow and your skills are minimal.
I do and have, and I never claimed to be a skilled driver nor did I ever say my car was fast, I only said that I was able to stay ahead of a 300ZX. I have no problem admiting that I have a 20/20 Camaro...as far as the ninja thing goes...it has nothing to do with driving ability...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Originally posted by thedemonof69@Dec 25 2003, 11:05 PM
You and your car are ninjas?
If you think that you have unique skills and your car is fast take your car to the local dragstrip and/or autocross event. Maybe then you will find that your car is slow and your skills are minimal.
I do and have, and I never claimed to be a skilled driver nor did I ever say my car was fast, I only said that I was able to stay ahead of a 300ZX. As far as the ninja thing goes...it has nothing to do with driving ability....
Able to stay ahead of a 300zx in traffic. I cannot think of a less impressive feat. I am sure the drivers around you were very impressed with your ninja car and driving.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That wasn't the point, I was trying to annoy him because he was driving an import, he was one of those ****y people who think that just 'cause their car's got a triple digit in it's name it must be ahead of all other cars at all times. The fact that I was able to pass him and stay ahead of him annoyed him. That was the entire purpose. I never said I did it to impress anyone I only did it to annoy him and put a ****y import driver in their place.

·
Registered
131 Posts
how bout the ****y 160HP V6 camaro driver that looks down on a car just because it is an import. How do you know that this guy was even racing you? Didnt you have a big rolling start on him? A decent running n/a 300zx would beat a early V6 4th gen every time. If I had to choose between a V6 camaro and a '90+ 300Z I would take the nissan in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
...I came up on this Black 300ZX that was makin all this noise....(traffic was heavy so he was trying to intimidate people and make them move) 
We started off with him ahead of me. I got in to the middle lane and looked him right in the face when I reved my engine. I held back just to see if he even wanted to accept my challenge. He gave me this arrogant look...and basicly told me to go ahead and try. And infact at one point he was ahead of me...I caught up to him and passed him a second time. Then to secure my position I squeezed in between the two Semi's.
how bout the ****y 160HP V6 camaro driver that looks down on a car just because it is an import.
I have no problem admiting that I have a 20/20 Camaro...
How am I ****y? I've been defeated by Spyders (Ferrari and Mitsu), Mustangs, and a few Civics. I never said I was unstopable. I love my car because it is a domestic...and will always choose a domestic over an import, but credit is to be given where credit is due, there are Skylines that produce upwards of 900 hp. I realize this...but I don't like when people with these cars underestimate domestics. I have friends who would die before driving a domestic....they're crazy about imports...they think anything American is evil (as far as cars go). People shouldn't underestimate a car just because it's American...or would appear to be out dated.

·
Registered
373 Posts
You sure this wasnt a dream?, cuz you'd have to be pretty dumb to try to intimidate some kid that your just gonna let pass you, wow....and true about those ****y rice burner guys who think that they are hot stuff because they put a body kit on and changed the exhaust, and make it LOOK (key word "look" not PERFORM) like a fast and the furiousu car.....***s

·
Registered
131 Posts
We started off with him ahead of me. I got in to the middle lane and looked him right in the face when I reved my engine. I held back just to see if he even wanted to accept my challenge.
Did you get this from fast and the furious?
I caught up to him and passed him a second time. Then to secure my position I squeezed in between the two Semi's.
This also sounds vaugely familiar, Was his name Dominic Torretto and did he crash into one of them 'ala F&F?
..Oh yeah and its lame to be so hung up with the fact your car is a 'domestic' or a 'import' and not because A}you have done lots of work on it B} its fast, or C} very unique.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So you're saying it's lame to be patriotic?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cuz you'd have to be pretty dumb to try to intimidate some kid that your just gonna let pass you
nah, my exit was comin up next so it didn't matter anymore.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Originally posted by thedemonof69@Dec 26 2003, 04:31 AM
So your saying it's lame to be patriotic?
no, but its lame to think that wrecklessly driving around a V6 camaro (which was most likely built in Canada, is patriotic.
I bet there is a guy on a Nissan message board right now typing something like this: " I was driving home in heavy traffic and some jerk in a V6 Camaro keeps reving at me and trying to get me to race. I saw him dart around from lane to lane, trying to catch up to me. I didnt want to race him since my daughter was in the back seat, but this guy wouldnt let up. I tried to casually pass him to get this menance behind me but must of thought I was racing. He then pulled a ricer fly-by and dissapeared behind two semi trucks."

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My Camaro was built in Canada so what? Got a problem with Canadians? I never do anything unless I KNOW the other guy wants to race. I've had guys in Mustangs come up to me on days when I just didn't feel like racing. I just ignore them and go about my business. This guy was lookin' to race otherwise he wouldn't have been revin his engine when I got to him. Clearly he was looking for someone to race. And when I drive I always make it a point to do it in such a way that only I am in any danger, I've been in a wreck, I know what it's like...I was coming home from the mall and this guy in a truck was speeding and slammed into the side of my Cavy, he broke my ribs and totaled my car...and put all the blame on me. He collected all the insurance money...and (this is my favorite part) he himself didn't have insurance (or a licsense to drive for that matter). Some how the prosecutor came to the conclusion that he was not at fault. Even though he had done everything wrong. I KNOW what it's like to be in a wreck and get screwed over afterwards. So I ALWAYS take precautions to see to it that only I am in any real danger. I NEVER race with other people in my car nor do I race people with other people in their car. This guy's windows were rolled down so I KNOW only he was in the car.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've had guys in Mustangs come up to me on days when I just didn't feel like racing.
Didn't feel like racing? More like didn't feel like losing.

Your story is already changing. Lets take a look:
I got in to the middle lane and looked him right in the face when I reved my engine. I held back just to see if he even wanted to accept my challenge. He gave me this arrogant look...and basicly told me to go ahead and try
VS.
This guy was lookin' to race otherwise he wouldn't have been revin his engine when I got to him. Clearly he was looking for someone to race.
BTW, thanks for making the rest of us Camaro owners look good. Thanks to you there are probably a dozen more people that think camaros are slow and that their drivers are jerks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cross over to I-10, well...when I did...I came up on this Black 300ZX that was makin all this noise....
This guy was lookin' to race otherwise he wouldn't have been revin his engine when I got to him. Clearly he was looking for someone to race.
I pulled up right next to him and reved my engine a few times.....
How so? Oh and before I forget you're welcome and Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
475 Posts
It's funny, this post could have been what inspired the "Bitchin Camaro" song.

Bitchin' Camaro, Bitchin' Camaro!
I ran over my neighbors
Now I'm in all the papers

My folks bought me a bitchin' Camaro
With no insurance to match
So if I happen to run you down
Please don't leave a scratch

I ran over some old lady
One night at the county fair
And I didn't get arrested
Because my dad's the mayor

Donuts on your lawn
Tony Orlando and Dawn

When I drive past the kids
They all spit and cuss
Cause I've got a bitchin' Camaro
And they have to ride the bus

So you'd better get out of my way
When I come through your yard
Cause I've got a bitchin' Camaro
And an Exxon credit card

Hey man where ya headed?
I'm drunk on unleaded!

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Ninja specialize in stealthy, clean, kills. I'm a Guy In A Camaro too, and no matter how hard I try, and no matter how funny it gets, I just can't put together a Ninja Driving a Camaro picture in my head that doesn't get really ridiculous quickly.

And while we're on the topic of ninjas...

Ninja Message Therapist

Ghrankenstein

·
Registered
685 Posts
YAAAAAYYYYYY!!! DEAD MILKMEN!!!!!!!

kid probably has no idea.................

Chevy should use that song when the new model comes out.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts