GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Camaro Team Wants YOUR Opinion!!

Good afternoon, Camaro Comrades and Firebird Friends!

(and please feel free to share the following with your clubs and Camaro/Firebird friends!)

When looking at the new Camaro -- are you interested in the V6 or V8 engine? Do you seek the direct input of a manual transmission, or are you more comfortable with an automatic transmission? Will the Camaro be the car you drive every day, or just on weekends? When do you plan to purchase your new Camaro?

Now that the wraps have been taken off the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro, we would like your feedback on what features are important to you.

By clicking on the link below, you will be sent to a third party site -- MyProductAdvisor.com -- where your answers to various questions are collected and analyzed.

Note - you must access the site by this specific url. http://www.myproductadvisor.com/mpa/auto/inputSummary.do?refId=cs3

The process is pretty easy, but a little time consuming (plan to spend about 20 minutes answering questions). The site is split into a number of sections from "Auto Usage" to "Recommendations". These sections are dedicated to general automotive consumer research -- not just sport cars like Camaro but other cars and trucks (for example you’ll be asked questions on truck bed length, four cylinder engines, turning radius, etc.). We suggest you answer the questions on the site as if your mind is set on the Camaro (or like vehicle).

Please start the survey by clicking and answering a question on "Auto Usage." You have the option of answering all the applicable questions in each section (highly recommended), or just answering one question in "Auto Usage", and moving directly to "Recommendation" button on the right corner.

In this survey, the "Recommendation" button will not provide an automotive recommendation, but will start the second part of the survey which is dedicated just to Camaro. Once the "Recommendation" button is clicked, a picture of the 2010 Camaro will appear inviting you to link into the Camaro survey. The questions will include option descriptions and price ranges; but please note, these prices are being provided to determine demand, and do not necessarily reflect final Camaro pricing or packaging.

Your answers will go a long way in helping Chevrolet bring the 2010 Camaro to market in the first quarter of 2009.

Thank you for your time in participating in this research event.

The Camaro Launch Team

·
Registered
812 Posts
Link worked for me!!! Thanks BigAls87Z28. Since I was a marketing student in college, I love doing those kinds of surveys. I've been to four or five GM surveys over the past seven years. Now if I could just find someone to actually employ me to offer up opinions on cars, I'd be set!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Nice - link worked fine - Camaro's the one for me - or do all answers lead to Camaro LOL
Of course it will do why did I ask!!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Awesome. I'll have to take the survey after work tomorrow.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I filled out survey too. Hopefully they actually use the info. The wheel pics were interesting.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Done. Pretty quick survey.

I'd take a V6 manual. who can beat it's 300+ HP output for it's value.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Quick survey? A quick survey is 2-3 minutes. That was more like 12-15 minutes.

Anyway, it's kind of amusing - I said that I preferred four doors, 5-7 seats, a roomy interior, etc. - and it showed me a Camaro at the end. :)

My kids would hate not being able to see anything from the back seat (I'd imagine, with the rear side windows about the same size/shape as the Challenger's, that they'd encounter the same problems with the Camaro that they had with the Challenger the other week.)

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I thought the survey was actually pretty good. I'm surprised Ipod/Mp3 player input wasn't something that was surveyed. I actually liked all the wheels...even the base retro rally steel wheels. I'll still take the 20's though. :cool:

:drive:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Quick survey? A quick survey is 2-3 minutes. That was more like 12-15 minutes.

Anyway, it's kind of amusing - I said that I preferred four doors, 5-7 seats, a roomy interior, etc. - and it showed me a Camaro at the end. :)

My kids would hate not being able to see anything from the back seat (I'd imagine, with the rear side windows about the same size/shape as the Challenger's, that they'd encounter the same problems with the Camaro that they had with the Challenger the other week.)
Gee, how did you missthe comment in the original posting saying it would take about 20 minutes to complete the survey.

It took me about 15 minutes and I am kind of slow onthe computer. Either way, I hope the comments we all provide help the car get even better.

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
If they really were interested in our opinions, then they should have a write in portion about the car itself (they only offer one for site feedback).

I, for one, would like that snorkle removed from the front of the car, post haste. It's useless gimmicks like that that kill good cars. IF I get a Camaro, I'd see if the dealer could put the V6 schnoz on there.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Eh, decided to do it at work. Nice. Neat survey. Alright, hope hopefully the price stays low when it comes out so I can get one. Everyone move that Importance of price bar all the way to the right! 22-24k is my limit on the Camaro, any more than that and I might have to wait another year or two.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Gee, how did you missthe comment in the original posting saying it would take about 20 minutes to complete the survey.

It took me about 15 minutes and I am kind of slow onthe computer. Either way, I hope the comments we all provide help the car get even better.
Because the original post was too long to read. And I wasn't responding to that, I was responding to Koasaterking's post right above mine:
Done. Pretty quick survey.

I'd take a V6 manual. who can beat it's 300+ HP output for it's value.
Isn't it a little late to be soliciting opinions for the Camaro? Really, what isn't already decided on this car aside from exact pricing (and that probably is, but just hasn't been announced). People who complete the survey are, supposedly, Camaro fans, but really, how does asking questions about SUVs, pickups, sedans, etc. help with the Camaro's development?:confused:

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
People who complete the survey are, supposedly, Camaro fans, but really, how does asking questions about SUVs, pickups, sedans, etc. help with the Camaro's development?:confused:
To weed out those who would actually buy a two-door coupe from those who just like to have an opinion on everything, even if they have no intention of making a purchase of a Camaro-like car.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Because the original post was too long to read. And I wasn't responding to that, I was responding to Koasaterking's post right above mine:

Isn't it a little late to be soliciting opinions for the Camaro? Really, what isn't already decided on this car aside from exact pricing (and that probably is, but just hasn't been announced). People who complete the survey are, supposedly, Camaro fans, but really, how does asking questions about SUVs, pickups, sedans, etc. help with the Camaro's development?:confused:
I agree with your comments. Options, colors, wheels, engines, tires/glass/sheet metal suppliers etc. LS, LT, SS combinations, brochures have been long figured out and finalized months ago. Were just getting the news now. Surveys aren't going to change anything.

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
It will help in designing the marketing/launch plan for the car, as well as give GM a better sense of what the model mix might be. It will also give them some sense of where some niche opportunities might be for special editions.

From reactions around the web, I think the 300 hp V6 might sell in much greater volumes than the base car has traditionally done; the V8 cars might end up being a much smaller part of the mix compared to the fourth gen cars. Not just because of gas prices, but because it sounds like the v6 is quite a decent car.

If that's true, knowing (and quantifying it) before launch is critical for proper maketing and the right mix of cars to dealers.

·
Registered
937 Posts
It will help in designing the marketing/launch plan for the car, as well as give GM a better sense of what the model mix might be. It will also give them some sense of where some niche opportunities might be for special editions.

From reactions around the web, I think the 300 hp V6 might sell in much greater volumes than the base car has traditionally done; the V8 cars might end up being a much smaller part of the mix compared to the fourth gen cars. Not just because of gas prices, but because it sounds like the v6 is quite a decent car.

If that's true, knowing (and quantifying it) before launch is critical for proper maketing and the right mix of cars to dealers.
You say " the surveys will help in the marketing launch"

For those potential buyers of the camaro they already know its coming in early 2009. Currently on the front of all car magazines, fleets of camaros have been touring the USA at many auto race events. etc.

We all remember a few years back when chevy was trying to market the SSR. Surveys by the thousands were filled out at dealerships and sent to chevy customers and there were even surveys on line. The survey results didn't reflect what the buying public would do. They said BUILD IT WE WILL BUY IT!......even though they knew it was too expensive, heavy, impractable and underpowered. The public never responded to how they filled out the surveys. R.I.P SSR......cost chevy a ton.

Mercury Marauder, Ford Thunderbird, Dodge Magnum and Crossfire went through the same thing. Surveys didn't reflect at all what the buying public ACTUALLY DOES.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts