GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Wow, that Camaro Handles Realy well. It just sticks, no tire squeal...nothing. Glued.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Sweet Jesus, mother of God, I'll take the SS Camaro in red w/ black racing stripes.
And make the ZR1 Jetstream blue metallic. This would be my heavenly collection.
Doesn't get any better than this.!!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Seeing the Camaro and the Corvette together in action for the first time........they look so good. What beautiful cars. Oh God, me want both right now! :dro:

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Great video, but I can't stand that silver!!!!

Give me red, yellow, or something else besides silver!

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Soooo, and not trying to be an a$$, but does that make the RS upgrade on an SS a Camaro SS/RS? Lot of letters to be sticking on a car!

I guess I'm confused on the nomenclature???:confused:
That's how they rolled in '67 - perhaps this was the idea.

I still want a 'midgrade' V8 option though.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Get a Cobalt SS/TC out there as well.... might not look as awesome but i's perfromance is up there with the Camaro...

Look at the Nruburgring (sp?) Track times.... the Cobalt was like 2 sec off the time of the Camaro.... That little thing rock's out!

that is all

·
Super Moderator
14,201 Posts
Anyone notice how much less rakish the production front end looks, compared to the concept?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
OMFG i just had a cargasm! :hyper: :dro:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I really wish Chevy would go with the Camaro red, white, and blue badge instead of the bowtie. Ford doesn't put the Ford emblem on the Mustang, it uses the Mustang logo!!!

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
RS package upgrades the SS to Halos/HID's.
Correct, and the car will be an SS/RS like it used to be from 67-73 when the RS was a visuall trim package.

RS gave you hide away headlights and different rear tail lights for the first gens 67-69, but the SS badges prevailed over the RS.
RS package could also be had on base V8 and Z28 models. So you could have just a base RS trim, or the Z28 with RS trim.

1967 Camaro SS RS

1967 Camaro SS

For the 2nd gens, RS cars got smaller grill, but the fog lights moved to to the inside of the headlights with a split bumper

1972 Camaro RS (not an SS, just the RS treatment on a regular V8 sports coupe)

1972 Camaro Z28 without RS package

Third gens, RS showed up in 87 in Cali only, then 88 to cary some of the IROC's visual additions to the regular V6 or V8 models.
4th gens, the RS got the blacked out B pillar like the V8 cars, as well as the alloy rims. You could not combine the RS package with any other trim from 74 to 2002. This would be another retro throwback...

5th gen SS RS gets the darker wheels, darkened tail lights, and the white SS lettering goes to Red.

great video.. the camaro looks like a good handler.. it was very controlled.

the ZR1 sounds awesome
The Fbodfather says that the car was only 55% ready for driving, its mostly a preproduction show car.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts