GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I ordered what I think is the best configuration of Camaro for me and my wife, considering what we've learned from the last three Camaro's we've owned. Here's what I ordered:

2023 Camaro Convertible
2SS
Manual
Black exterior/Black interior
Red calipers
NPP exhaust
Magnetic ride suspension
Carbon Flash wheels
Black lug nuts/locks
Body color front splitter
Premium infotainment system
Alloy sport pedals (a must for a manual!..show off that third pedal!)
Recaro seats
Black sueded knee pads

Other options I considered but didn't get: red hot spider stripes, adrenaline red interior, silver stinger stripe

My Camaros have always been a fair day driving car, so why not a drop top? That NPP exhaust and manual rev matching will sound so much sweeter with the top down. My very own Detroit Roadster.
Here's some pics off the build site:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
SWEET!! We absolutely adore our 2018 2SS HW conv. Those all black leather seats are gonna be very HOT with the top down. I'm happy we have the orange inserts. Don't rule out the red inserts.

·
Super Moderator
21,771 Posts
Wow! Beautiful - love the Camaro in black. Someone in my area has a black one (hard top), has to be one of the higher trim packages, possibly a ZL1. It looks so exotic coming down the road - in a way it reminds me of that outrageous exoticness that the Ferrari Testarossa used to have back in the '80s. Obviously the two look nothing alike though.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Congrats! Ive had 5 Camaros. Every time i think about buying another one, I just cant get over the lack of glass area. I can fit in them even at almost 6'9" but I think my camaro days are over. sold my gto in '21 and bought a '17 ATS V, sold that one and bought a '16 ATSV thats been tuned this past saturday, I believe the Alpha chassis is the best chassis GM has ever done. it shows with camaros superiority over the mustang. ATSV just has a little bit better interior and more glass area..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice. I just saw a black ZL1-1LE on rural back-roads of SW Ontario this morning, and I have only seen a handfull of ZL1's.He was heading towards Norfolk Road #25 which is really a winding stretch of road where you just love having a manual. Unfortunately I was in my Colorado and not my manual 2017 Camaro.

·
Premium Member
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I saw a black/red combo at our local cars and coffee and man......it's absolutely drop dead sexy.

Congrats either way but for a topless car black leather stinks!!
I know what you guys are talking about. When I park it, the top goes up. Not letting seats bake in the sun unattended.

·
Registered
18,780 Posts
I know what you guys are talking about. When I park it, the top goes up. Not letting seats bake in the sun unattended.
Even just running around with the top down. That was the worst thing about my Formula with the the T-Tops out. Anything black was HOT!!!

However, as a date night vehicle....hell yea. It's going to look great anyways.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts