Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Speaking of our border...

Vice President Kamala Harris’s visit to El Paso, Texas today was probably not intended to showcase the success of the Trump administration’s immigration and border enforcement policies. But Harris has nevertheless picked the perfect city from which to learn what policies have actually worked to secure the border. The only way she could learn more about the border than by choosing to go to El Paso would be if she had invited former President Trump to join her.

...By visiting El Paso today, Vice President Harris has unwittingly recognized the Trump Administration’s success in securing our border. Through the innovation of Operation Hold the Line and the policies and strategies it yielded, El Paso set the gold standard for a city that knows how to secure its borders and protect its communities—and other cities and states ought to follow its example. The Sun City was the perfect place for Harris to visit, but not for the reasons she thinks: El Paso is an ideal place not to downplay a crisis, but to show the country how to avert one. Leaders and elected officials should follow Silvestre Reyes’s lead and enact policies and systems that secure the border in ways that work.

In the end, the Vice President’s visit today may not have succeeded in anything other than inadvertently highlighting the effectiveness of the border policies she ran against. Let’s hope the rest of the nation can see what she couldn’t.
Lmao Harris is a unmitigated disaster,couple this with president whispers and him threatening and telling ameircans they will need f-15's and nukes to take him on, it has been quite the dumpster fire for this administration this week!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Anecdotal tale time....a while back my parents needed a new roof on their house, My dad's quote "I paid a white guy 15 thousand and the next day 'bout 20 Mexicans showed up...I could've gone down to Home Depot and done that!"

Anyway, it isn't just rich Americans that use illegal labor, hell we all do...we're all partially guilty, as the great George Lopez said "You know who re-built New Orleans after Katrina? Mexicans" they also had a hand in rebuilding the drug industry in those early post-K years as well.

Its the American way, we all want the cheapest price for whatever, hell, I used an immigrant, i didn't question his legallity, to install new doors on my house...came in at about 5 grand cheaper.
I think a lot of people fail to realize that and then demonize the illegals. Hey, they're only responding to market demands....sounds like Capitalism to me. Now I'm not advocating that we give them all a free pass, but it does get a little hypocritical and tiring to hear people blame them for everything wrong with this country when we've created the very market conditions that demand a sub-minimum wage labor force.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
aw...****, here we go again w/ this BS.

The problem with the previous admins border policy is that it was inhumane...they resorted to cruelty to reduce border crossings when they pulled kids from their parents and shipped them off to lord knows where without keeping the slightest bit of tracking on where they sent who and who belonged to who.

Alot of the comparisons to the current admins' policy of "children in cages" is disingenuous at its core...kids coming to the border unaccompanied, detained in "cages" does not equal pulling kids who came accompanied keeping them in "cages" separate from their parents then shipping them off to god knows where...the only commonality between the two processes is the word "Cage" other than that, its an apples to razor blades comparison.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not if you're smart and have your gas stored in a couple 15 gallon kitchen trash bags in your garage
Sadly, you KNOW people do that. During 9/11, there were people in my town filling milk jugs, OJ bottles and 2 liter pop bottles with gas because they were afraid of....well...who knows.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Sadly, you KNOW people do that. During 9/11, there were people in my town filling milk jugs, OJ bottles and 2 liter pop bottles with gas because they were afraid of....well...who knows.
Ah...9/11 I miss that level of paranoia, it seems so normal in comparison to what we're living now, we were all united in our craziness and the news at the time fed that crazy...little did we know that was the beginning of the bull****.

There was some ugly from 9/11...and I remember it to this day, on 9/12/01 I was driving to work and saw an Indian (like from India) guy driving with his back window smashed out...all i can do was shake my head at the ignorance of my fellow Americans to do this to a guy who had absolutely **** to do with Saudis...if they only knew.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Good lord this went down the rabbit hole.....

Reactions: 1958carnut

·
Registered
8,959 Posts
aw...****, here we go again w/ this BS.

The problem with the previous admins border policy is that it was inhumane...they resorted to cruelty to reduce border crossings when they pulled kids from their parents and shipped them off to lord knows where without keeping the slightest bit of tracking on where they sent who and who belonged to who.

Alot of the comparisons to the current admins' policy of "children in cages" is disingenuous at its core...kids coming to the border unaccompanied, detained in "cages" does not equal pulling kids who came accompanied keeping them in "cages" separate from their parents then shipping them off to god knows where...the only commonality between the two processes is the word "Cage" other than that, its an apples to razor blades comparison.
You must be talking two administrations ago.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
12,596 Posts
You must be talking two administrations ago.
True. A lot of their beefs started back then and the last bunch just carried them through, Now we get these "enlightened" ones who forget where it all really began and point fingers to make themselves feel and look better SMDH.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.