GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Statement Regarding Cadillac XLR And SRX Being Selected As Top Three For North American Car And Truck Of The Year Awards

Attributed to Mark LaNeve, General Manager, Cadillac

Cadillac is honored to be a finalist in the 2004 North American Car and Truck of the Year awards. The competition for these awards is tremendous, so to be a finalist in the top three for both speaks volumes about the products Cadillac is bringing to the marketplace.

XLR and SRX are the fulfillment of a promise made by Cadillac five years ago to once again become "Standard of the World." We are pleased with our progress to date and these two vehicles are further testimony of our comeback.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Once again become the "Standard of the World"

I really can't wait for the day when Cadillac is regarded to be of higher status then a mercedes, bmw or audi. I thought it would never happen, but I can see that clearly Cadillac will one day become the World Standard as it once was before.

I would love Cadillac to sweep the awards, but I don't think it will happen :(

·
Registered
469 Posts
Cadillac is a good company now. But in a few years I think they will be dominating the luxury market. Especially when all of the V series cadillacs come out.

:afro:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think it will take more then a few years to have cadillac refered to as the best, and better then mercedies and BMW, even if their cars truly are better, it will take about 20-30 years, to get the NEXT GENERATION of kids to look at cadillac as better cars then imports.. b/c when cadillac built **** cars (for about 20-30 years), they sold good still, but took about 20 or 30 years for their sales to drop to almost nothing.. so i think that is going to hapen again, just the other way around (i hope :( )

·
Registered
34 Posts
:argue:
I think that Cadillac does have some ground to cover, and what better way to start with: Escalade series, CTS, XLR and SRX vehicles. The design itself, many may not like, but I don't see anybody like Mercedes-Benz and BMW taking that kind of risk. If I'm not mistaken, the only difference between the BMWs and Benzes of today is that they are lot more rounder. Besides that, I think Cadillac has a good chance to get back in front ....................where they belong!

·
Registered
6 Posts
The bad thing is that there is no way both the XLR and SRX will win. They won't give Cadillac two awards, even though they clearly are the best. Look for the XLR to win and the Ford F150 to be truck of the year (even though it dosen't deserve it).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Given all the potential accolades; when is the STS actually coming to market? I am waiting on trading cars for a while based on this vehicle. I have a current STS and want the rear wheel drive. However, if it is going to be 2005 I will go ahead and trade. If it is coming out in Spring 2004, I will wait.

·
Banned
11,892 Posts
Cadillac used to be in the top even here in the Middle East...

poems and songs were written about Cadillacs and Buicks...

especially in the 50s and 60s..

but when the 90s came all of the new generation kids dont acknowldge Cadillac as a luxury brand... <_<

1 - 9 of 9 Posts