GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cadillac Wins GS Class in Mont-Tremblant 250
by Beth Wyse

Devon Powell and Terry Borcheller gave Powell Motorsport the win during the Mont-Tremblant 250, finishing over nine seconds ahead of the rest of the field in the No. 11 Cadillac CTS-V.

Doncaster Racing claimed second place, with Greg Wilkins and Robert Julien in the No. 91 Porsche 996. Rehagan Racing rounded out the podium, with the No. 58 Mustang Cobra SVT driven by David Shep and Kenny Wilden crossing the finish line in third.

At the start of the race, polesitter Anders Hainer spun the No. 04 Istook/Aines Motorsport Group Audi S4. The No. 4 Istook/Aines Motorsport Group Audi S4, with Gary Sheehan behind the wheel, took the lead.

The first caution of the race came out on the first lap for the No. 04 Audi. When the green flag flew again on lap five, Sheehan was followed by Powell in the No. 11 Cadillac and the No. 33 Unitech Racing Nissan 350Z.

The racing did not last long, as the second caution period began just eight laps later for a car stopped on course. Sheehan and Powell both took advantage of the time to pit for fuel, allowing Mike Cronin, Jr. to move into the lead in the Nissan.

When the race resumed just after 40 minutes since the start, Cronin, Jr. still led. He finally made his routine pit stop after an hour and 17 minutes of racing, and Stu Hayner got in the car.

Meanwhile, Wilkins was able to take over the lead in the Doncaster Porsche. It was only a brief lead, as he pitted two laps later and Julien got in the car. Powell then put the Cadillac at the front of the field.

Powell finally had to make his pit stop with ten minutes remaining in the second hour. Borcheller took over in the Cadillac as the No. 58 Rehagan Racing Mustang took its turn at the front of the field.

The rotation of leaders continued, as the Mustang pitted and Julien put the No. 91 Porsche into the lead again. He held onto the lead until the third and final caution of the race occurred 19 minutes after the start of hour two, on lap 70, for two cars stranded on course.

Julien pitted and Borcheller took over the lead for good. The green flag came out again after 10 minutes of caution, and Borcheller drove the No. 11 Cadillac to his fourth consecutive win on the season. He is now the sole points leader in the GS class.

"The race just came to us. The Cadillac has a lot of characteristics of the cars I've driven in the past. I've got a ton of seat time with street stock tires and street-type cars. I attribute (the) Bondurant (School of High Performance Driving) for my street stock experience and my ability to get in just about anything and go fast."

"It's fantastic. The team did such a great job," enthused Powell. "They worked so hard on these cars. I love it for them, for Sunoco, Chemcraft and Rockland Standard Gear. Our Cadillac CTS-V was super all day. Terry did such a fantastic job, and I'm glad we can continue his winning streak. I'm happy to be back in victory lane."

source

1 - 1 of 1 Posts