GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wasn't sure if I should put this in news or the Cadillac discussion board. Feel free to move it.

I don't know if I missed it or it just happened (don't see any threads on it). But Cadillac's main site looks to have had a pretty major overhaul. Cadillac.com

Overall it's still roughly the same layout and look, just greatly updated. Very much for the better in my opinion. It didn't take very long or many clicks on the old site to get to places that looked like they hadn't been touched in years. Looks like they've also opened a new site called dare-greatly.com(Link) with a 2/22/2015 date at the bottom.

I personally like it, amazing what a few color and layout changes can do to a website.

The piece are slowly coming together.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
The way this site is acting could they maybe redo this one for their next project?
Yeah, horrible this morning. Clicked on at least eight threads with posts showing, and nothing ... not even the original post.

Glad to hear Cadillac is making progress.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
The Cadillac site looks great! I feel that automobile manufacturer sites, in general, are poorly done. Over the years, it has gotten harder and harder to find pertinent information as it pertains to specific vehicles/trims/options. I often wonder if that is purposely done.

The way this site is acting could they maybe redo this one for their next project?
Yeah, this site is horrible. Antiquated look and feel, and magnificently unreliable. Most forums have a pretty antiquated look, but I have never seen one with as many problems as GMI.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Does it still feature cars? Or is it all pens, tie tacks, cuff links, and snuff boxes featuring the Cadillac crest? After all, Cadillac only happens to sell cars by chance. It's a luxury company.

·
Banned
943 Posts
Maybe men all look the same to me, but it looks like they only had room in the budget for one male model.
That's a shame. GM should have given Cadillac budget enough for two models. One sleek chiseled man to represent ATS,CTS and Escalade and the other to represent the SRX,ELR and XTS who would be chubby,cherub faced with a designer suit that didn't quite fit him right.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Maybe men all look the same to me, but it looks like they only had room in the budget for one male model.
Female models are more expensive, since they earn way more than men, on average; Patricia Arquette failed to mention that in her diatribe last night (no, didn't watch it live...You kidding me?). Have to cheap out on the men, especially because they look clownish in most instances (CTS Sedan section, with the guy wearing driving gloves after the runway walk pose with the briefcase is Too Hilarious)

Speaking of the word too, Time to cue up the music with an applicable oldie:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I guess Cadillac really is trying to separate themselves from GM as much as possible. Because I just noticed Cadillac's media site also got a pretty extensive overhaul to match the new website. It now looks completely different from all other GM brand's press sites.

If they're already going this far, I wonder how large the separation is going to be in 2017 when they start reporting as a separate entity.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts