1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

From German Magazine Auto Motor und Sport:

Full Article Here

Translation from Altavista:

"Under the contraction ULS (Ultra Luxury Sedan) Cadillac plans a luxury sedan with V12-Motor for the coronation/culmination of the program. It is the again developed North-Star-Aluminium-V12, in to 100 Anniversary of the mark presented sports car study Cien its debut gave: with four cam shafts, direkteinspritzung(direct fuel injection), lying above, cylinder disconnection(DOD), 750 HP and 610 Nm torque. Completely as much power might not become it in the series, but enough, in order to be able to offer the V12-Boliden from Stuttgart and Munich Paroli. Among them it in addition, two V8-Ausfuehrungen with 340 to scarce will give over 400 HP. With prices starting from 80,000 dollar would be the Cadillac ULS also after US yardsticks a real luxury car. Clearly over five meters long luxury liners like the STS with rear-wheel drive and optional all-wheel drive one offers."

-------------------
I edited it to try and clear up as much as I could, but it still sounds like Yoda was writing this article.

-Big Al

·
Registered
44,547 Posts
Yeahh... the ULS drawings look pretty good!!
I like it.

I wonder what's up with all the rear-parking assist sensors. :lol:

·
Registered
287 Posts
They need to put the caddy badge in the middle of grill. It has a Chrysler looking grill were the present badge is.

Plus to the scorn of auto mags, make the Emblem gianourmous

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
I like those specs, except for the pricing....$80,000 BASE! Damn, that is a lot of dough. I could understand starting in the High 60, low 70 range, but 80! Damn! And it looks like the XV12 will be powering this sedan. Glad to hear it! 750HP, 610lb/ft (If I were Caddy I would tune it for somehwere around 700HP and 700lb/ft those two numbers would be very impressive and both of them would be astonishing.

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Originally posted by giagastormer@Aug 28 2004, 12:54 AM
The rear end shot looks much better.
Yes, the front is pretty weak. I hope it has to do with the fact that it's an artist's rendition. And for what it's worth, I think they should keep the 40-inch-looking wheels...

·
Banned
895 Posts
Ugly.
Copy-cat looks from Maybach.
Likely overpriced and made with poor quality materials.

Cadillac still cannot build a complete and decent car under $40,000 and they think that they should go into the league with the big boys?

When will Cadillac learn that you cannot build cars that look as cheap as a Hyundai and expect to be taken seriously in luxury cars? The fact that the STS is the first Cadillac in decades that has a decent interior does not make it proof positive that they should go above that in price. Their lower level models are cheaply made inside and look it!

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
A very quick glance at the drawing of the front end and it reminded me a bit of the shape of a Toyota Prius. I'm sure it's just the drawing. The back end looks good though.

If Cadillac can sell enough of these to make a profit, go for it. I may never buy one but it's nice to see a car with leading edge technology, if anything just to talk about.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
i like it i agree it looks like a chrysler grill, but in the drawings it seems to have that luxury car stance to it, can't describe it though. It would be fun to look at at a caddy show room though! You could go there in a suit and ask to test drive it, "yes of course I can afford 80,000". Then call later and say you bought a lexus.

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
That's one sweet car. Seems like Cadillac has both feet planted and is looking to take on all comers. From CTS right up to the eventual (?) production of this, Caddy has great cars at a fiercly competitive price.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Some people seem to think this is a bad idea for Caddy but if it plans to be like Lexus and Mercedes then they need to make this large sedan. I think it's beautifuL! I love it. I can't wait to see it in concept form or production. :D You can tell they used some sixteen cues. THe rims and the front vent by the wheel. I love it. :woot2:

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I saw that pictures a few days ago and I must admit that the front is not up to Cadillac design standarts.I hope the drawing is only a magazine concept <_<

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I believe that that it will look more the the Sixteen in the front end than that does. I believe those pictures are just magazine drawings, not anything from GM. Also, I think it will probably be called the XTS.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts