GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Press Release:
Toyota has quietly invested heavily in GM in a partnership to help bolster the company and keep the US economy healthy. The first symbolic vehicle to come from this union is the flagship automobile of Cadillac. Heavily based on the new Lexus LS chassis. The Cadillac ULS is an all out effort between Toyota's and GM's top engineers and designers to create an automobile that is truly the "Standard of the World". Only the best materials were used in this effort to create a no holds barred luxury sedan for under $100,000.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Looks great!

Two Suggestions: Make a longer trunk (if there is one) and put the Cadillac emblem in the middle of the grill as well.

·
Registered
43,692 Posts
Looks good...
I'd put the wreath and crest on teh grille.
I'd put the "jewelled" effect on teh grille (liek Escalade)
The sideview mirrors are tiny.
Trunk's not long enough.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Great job, very nice rendering. The only thing I would suggest would be putting the emblem on the grill like suggested by ocmgog and making the door handles bigger, they look really small.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I like that rendering, moreso than the clay model that GM had released earlier this year.

I too prefer more of a Sixteen/Escalade-like grille with the wreath & crest in the middle. It's a very nice blend of both current Art & Science and Cadillac Sixteen. I swear that ass end almost looks like the Imaj's.

Not a bad rendering. What's your secret? I just stick to drawing myself.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
camaroman22 said:
is that a render or a chop?

-if it's a render it's really good

-if it's a chop it looks too cartoony
It is indeed a rendering. Hand sketch, Illustrator and Photoshop. 100% original, no borrowed parts. ;)

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mgescuro said:
Looks good...
I'd put the wreath and crest on teh grille.
I'd put the "jewelled" effect on teh grille (liek Escalade)
The sideview mirrors are tiny.
Trunk's not long enough.
I am still mulling the wreath and crest on the grill. I'll probably add it.

I am not sure if I want the grill to look too busy with more details, but I'll try it.

I tried to give this a large car look, but I think I will need to make the mirrors and the door handles bigger.

Because the C-Pillar slopes so much the trunk looks small, I might experiment with a slightly longer look to see if I like it.

Thanks all for the input so far...keep it coming. :D

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I like it a lot, very good work.

I'm a little bored with the sides; they appear very flat. Consider enhancing the slope of the rear and maybe front wheel arches.

Greenhouse is a little too '300C'. Maybe play a little bit with the rear window's corners?

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update #1:

I enlarged the door handles

The side mirror has been upsized.

I tweaked the C-Pillar to reveal the trunk a bit better.

Update #2 possibilities:

Wreath and Crest in grill.

More detailed grill.

Maybe a couple of other tweaks...

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Good Job. I hope Cadillac does build the ULS (with a different name). I like the updates you did, makes it look even better. Can ya do a drawing of the rear?

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
pkd87 said:
Good Job. I hope Cadillac does build the ULS (with a different name). I like the updates you did, makes it look even better. Can ya do a drawing of the rear?
Thanks. I hope Cadillac builds the ULS with a different name too. ;)

I can draw the rear, but probably not in time for the contest. I will post it as soon as I am done with it.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I am sorry but i am not feeling it... All it looks like to me is an even more expensive STS... Don't get me wrong this is a good rendering but it seems short,wide, and odd... I don't see where this fits to me their ultra luxury sedan should be a long lean and mean. this is just to cutzy...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts