GM Inside News Forum banner
101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
18,593 Posts
Not trying to sway you to another brand...just trying to let you know that that isn't rain running down your leg. I don't hate Cadillac...foolishly I guess, I just expect better from them. They have 2 world class platforms, Alpha and Omega and instead of building their next gen of CUVs off of them, they reach down into the corporate parts bin and cobble together a Cadillac Equinox, Blazer, and Traverse...Why are they building FWD entry level lux CUVs when GM supposedly has an entire division to handle entry level lux? Instead of continuing and building the V sport brand...that didn't sell, they go ahead and drag down the V Series brand, that also didn't sell well last gen, but had street cred - to sneak a few unsuspecting sales. If that works for you then fine, whatever floats your boat.

I guess Alec Baldwin via SNL's description of a certain band of followers applies here "You guys stand by (Cadillac) no matter what. Its like you found a finger in your chili, but you still eat the chili because you told everyone how much you love chili....its tremendous"...to that I echo Alec...enjoy your finger chili.

All of my bitching about Cadillac aside, I'm going to take a hard look at a CT5 this holiday season...I'm in the market and leasing is definitely out of question due to my daily 80mi round trip commute so I have to purchase and as we all know, you NEVER buy a new BMW/MB/Audi 'cuz maintenance and all, and Cadillac is budget luxury...which sort of fits my cheap ass.

BTW, I know the XT4 isn't an Equinox...I just said that for dramatic effect.
I'm turning around Alec's statement and say you don't like Cadillac, no matter what they do. I will say Cadillac screws up - Alpha chassis not being CUV capable, back seat too small, not having supercruise at launch (though I think the general public doesn't care as much); but you will not say anything they do is good.

I also read and understand what they are doing. Yes, the XT6 is not a vehicle I'd buy; simply because I don't have kids. But I understand not all vehicles are targeted at me. I'm not going to throw a hissy fit every time there is a piece of trim or a vehicle I don't care for. I think expanding the V to V Series is a great idea - I don't get stuck in the past. Electric Corvette - awesome (to me)! Many on GMI - no sir, Corvette has to have a V8 because the past dictates the future. I do not think the V Series is watering anything down, it is expanding and offering more. People lookin for the big, full blow performance versions will still find them, people are not that stupid.

I also recognize that Cadillac's today need to go farther if they want to capture high end S Class sales. The Escalada shows their designers can do it yet GM wont approve it. But I also see what is there - the current interiors are really nice - if you like the style. I like the style, you don't. I don't wake up in the morning to impress you, I'm happy with what Cadillac offers in my price range.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
I'm turning around Alec's statement and say you don't like Cadillac, no matter what they do. I will say Cadillac screws up - Alpha chassis not being CUV capable, back seat too small, not having supercruise at launch (though I think the general public doesn't care as much); but you will not say anything they do is good.

I also read and understand what they are doing. Yes, the XT6 is not a vehicle I'd buy; simply because I don't have kids. But I understand not all vehicles are targeted at me. I'm not going to throw a hissy fit every time there is a piece of trim or a vehicle I don't care for. I think expanding the V to V Series is a great idea - I don't get stuck in the past. Electric Corvette - awesome (to me)! Many on GMI - no sir, Corvette has to have a V8 because the past dictates the future. I do not think the V Series is watering anything down, it is expanding and offering more. People lookin for the big, full blow performance versions will still find them, people are not that stupid.

I also recognize that Cadillac's today need to go farther if they want to capture high end S Class sales. The Escalada shows their designers can do it yet GM wont approve it. But I also see what is there - the current interiors are really nice - if you like the style. I like the style, you don't. I don't wake up in the morning to impress you, I'm happy with what Cadillac offers in my price range.
It seems that I say everything they do isn't good because as of late, everything they do isn't all good...its as if they're just going through the motions. Hardly "Daring Greatly"
XT6 - bunt and a miss, I'd Rather have an Avenir
XT5 - meh, but wasn't geared towards me
XT4 - looks better than the XT5
CT5 - kinda good minus the C Pillar, but whatever, it'll get tinted anyway if I get one
CT4 - kinda like it
CT6 - exterior yes!!!...interior hard no
VSeries shown this week....NOPE!

Meanwhile a few years ago:
Gen 3 CTS - liked it....V really liked it
ATS - liked it....V really liked it
Gen 2 CTS - hated the base front end and the decision to bring the Wagon before the coupe. Loved all the Vs
Gen 4 Escalade - like it eventhough it isn't much different from Yukon

Don't know if you noticed...that's a downward trend and it isn't just me. Should I accustom myself to disappointment and just swallow the finger chili because I like the Cadillac brand? No, that'll be doing a disservice to myself.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Is this Super Cruise discussion still going on? Jesus Christ! I swear some people here just have on speed-dial something to bitch about. Cadillac announced that SC will be available on every vehicle it sells by 2020.. I believe 'em. It may even be Level 3. I will say this and I will say this hard.. Please don't push this tech out in mass like Tesla and have fools riding around hands-free killing themselves and innocent bystanders. Having it in the CT6 was fine.. Sales are limited.. Putting it in a vehicle that is going to sell in droves.. Be sure it works 100%
Nah....lets just all hold hands and sing kumbaya and let the forum die from a lack of discussion so we can go back to annoying our non-carguy friends and relatives about car facts that they don't care about.

I'll leave the SC discussion as this....I think they're trying to quietly fast track it and I've supplied my evidence supporting my opinion....you, GTP and others don't. Nobody is going to change their minds.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Nah....lets just all hold hands and sing kumbaya and let the forum die from a lack of discussion so we can go back to annoying our non-carguy friends and relatives about car facts that they don't care about.

I'll leave the SC discussion as this....I think they're trying to quietly fast track it and I've supplied my evidence supporting my opinion....you, GTP and others don't. Nobody is going to change their minds.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: to the bolded... TRUE!!!!

to the FAST TRACKING... OK.. As long as it works better than AUTO PILOT in terms of sfety I'm happy.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: to the bolded... TRUE!!!!

to the FAST TRACKING... OK.. As long as it works better than AUTO PILOT in terms of sfety I'm happy.
Yeah...my wife hates the car talk. Like when I try to explain to her how my MSRT is different from the SXT...she just nods and goes yeah..."Same car".

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
The CTS-V has imo the best looking front end clip of all of the Super sedans. It’s so good that if they’d put the regular Corvette V8 in it, removed the hood vent to tone it down, and sold it for $70K fully loaded as a mid point CTS with the look of the V Series, they’d have sold tons of them. Thinking about that for a moment, and the new entry point V’s are starting to make more sense

I’d love to see a pure track focused sedan packing a high revving NA V8 with a manual. 3 tiers with 3 engine/tuning options is a bit much for a declining segment model. It looks like they will push to keep all the CT4/5 V cars under 80k. So I don’t expect power to be be above 600 on any of them. You want big power see the CT6-V models which I expect to eventually be two options as well. With the hybrid power out of the C8 to make its way into a ultimate CT6-V and possible SUV.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
I’d love to see a pure track focused sedan packing a high revving NA V8 with a manual. 3 tiers with 3 engine/tuning options is a bit much for a declining segment model. It looks like they will push to keep all the CT4/5 V cars under 80k. So I don’t expect power to be be above 600 on any of them. You want big power see the CT6-V models which I expect to eventually be two options as well. With the hybrid power out of the C8 to make its way into a ultimate CT6-V and possible SUV.
I was hoping that the CT4v would debut w/ a 455ish hp LT1

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
All of my bitching about Cadillac aside, I'm going to take a hard look at a CT5 this holiday season...I'm in the market and leasing is definitely out of question due to my daily 80mi round trip commute so I have to purchase and as we all know, you NEVER buy a new BMW/MB/Audi 'cuz maintenance and all, and Cadillac is budget luxury...which sort of fits my cheap ass.
Go with Genesis G70...orG80;):D

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Go with Genesis G70...orG80;):D
I see a few G80s in my area...one of them a slick dark gray 3.3T Sport model, It's crossed my mind. My thing is that it's probably due for a redesign and I'm not a fan of buying a car on its way out. I'd at least like to have the new version for a while before an updated version comes out.

That's actually part of the reason I bought the Enclave, I know GM will let it sit for a few years before updating it seeing how the last gen went for like 11 years.

·
Registered
18,593 Posts
It seems that I say everything they do isn't good because as of late, everything they do isn't all good...its as if they're just going through the motions. Hardly "Daring Greatly"
XT6 - bunt and a miss, I'd Rather have an Avenir
XT5 - meh, but wasn't geared towards me
XT4 - looks better than the XT5
CT5 - kinda good minus the C Pillar, but whatever, it'll get tinted anyway if I get one
CT4 - kinda like it
CT6 - exterior yes!!!...interior hard no
VSeries shown this week....NOPE!

Meanwhile a few years ago:
Gen 3 CTS - liked it....V really liked it
ATS - liked it....V really liked it
Gen 2 CTS - hated the base front end and the decision to bring the Wagon before the coupe. Loved all the Vs
Gen 4 Escalade - like it eventhough it isn't much different from Yukon

Don't know if you noticed...that's a downward trend and it isn't just me. Should I accustom myself to disappointment and just swallow the finger chili because I like the Cadillac brand? No, that'll be doing a disservice to myself.
Well, for myself is:
XT6 - not for me but I think it hits the target for its intended market very well. So win to me and not worth 50 pages of bellyaching.
XT5 - same as XT6
XT4 - love it, needs more engine!
CT4 - love it, especially the lower hp V!
CT5 - love it, though I like the looks of the luxury version over the sport (I saw them in the flesh at the NY Auto Show, has a lot more presence than pictures show) - again, not worthy of 50 pages of bellyaching over a trip piece most people haven't seen in real life.
CT6 - love it, I like the interior, more so when the engine is on/electronics are on. Interior looks particularly "dead" without the electronics. With that said, I do think the CT6 interior can be designed better, along the lines of the Escalada. But again, to my eyes not so bad it needs 50 pages of complains.
VSeries show this week - awesome extension of the V lineup and certain to bring more people into the brand.

Clearly I like the Gen 2 era of Cadillac (bought my ATS), but I hated gen 1 Cadillac - the original CTS, SRX and STS all looked blah to me, I wanted to like them, but didn't.

I am perfectly fine with you, or anyone not liking what they are doing. But why is it anyone that likes what Cadillac is doing are a bunch of idiot yes men that will like anything Cadillac does? Clearly I like what Cadillac is doing, I bought one, CMiatso has bought several - we both like the direction Cadillac is taking, we are the people Cadillac is marketing too, yet our opinions are not valued. Seems to me like several people like German cars, don't want to admit it, and want Cadillac to build German clones.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Is the CT4 not on the alpha 2 platform like the CT5?
That’s a great question. I assumed it was, but the fact the CT4 has the WB of the ATS means that is not necessarily the case. Clearly the CT5 is a much more thorough redesign, than the CT4.

I guess there could be more to Alpha 2.0 than basic dimensions though. Underneath CT4 it could have improvements that warrants the Alpha 2 moniker.

·
Registered
18,327 Posts
Well, for myself is:
XT6 - not for me but I think it hits the target for its intended market very well. So win to me and not worth 50 pages of bellyaching.
XT5 - same as XT6
XT4 - love it, needs more engine!
CT4 - love it, especially the lower hp V!
CT5 - love it, though I like the looks of the luxury version over the sport (I saw them in the flesh at the NY Auto Show, has a lot more presence than pictures show) - again, not worthy of 50 pages of bellyaching over a trip piece most people haven't seen in real life.
CT6 - love it, I like the interior, more so when the engine is on/electronics are on. Interior looks particularly "dead" without the electronics. With that said, I do think the CT6 interior can be designed better, along the lines of the Escalada. But again, to my eyes not so bad it needs 50 pages of complains.
VSeries show this week - awesome extension of the V lineup and certain to bring more people into the brand.

Clearly I like the Gen 2 era of Cadillac (bought my ATS), but I hated gen 1 Cadillac - the original CTS, SRX and STS all looked blah to me, I wanted to like them, but didn't.

I am perfectly fine with you, or anyone not liking what they are doing. But why is it anyone that likes what Cadillac is doing are a bunch of idiot yes men that will like anything Cadillac does? Clearly I like what Cadillac is doing, I bought one, CMiatso has bought several - we both like the direction Cadillac is taking, we are the people Cadillac is marketing too, yet our opinions are not valued. Seems to me like several people like German cars, don't want to admit it, and want Cadillac to build German clones.
You already OWN A CADILLAC. Cadillac can not survive selling current owners cars. It can't. It won't. You have to attract new blood and these cars will do it. People will say that have a V and be happy.

I think you've got us all wrong. We're just pissed these are branded V cars. Aside from 1LE GM has done amazing work with V. Literally amazing. Put out beautiful cars that destroy the competition. Now, we have to ask what V you have. The sporty one or the performance one. That's heart breaking.

·
Registered
19,260 Posts
I just find it so laughable how salty people are especially when they are found to be wrong. They just can’t admit that they are on the wrong side of the fence on this one. So sad. I guess the Benz isn’t putting a big enough smile on your face smh hahahaha
Wrong side of the fence about...?

You already OWN A CADILLAC. Cadillac can not survive selling current owners cars. It can't. It won't. You have to attract new blood and these cars will do it. People will say that have a V and be happy.

I think you've got us all wrong. We're just pissed these are branded V cars. Aside from 1LE GM has done amazing work with V. Literally amazing. Put out beautiful cars that destroy the competition. Now, we have to ask what V you have. The sporty one or the performance one. That's heart breaking.
It's the boneheaded decision-making that corrupts everything. If they turn V-series into Vsport and make the former "V" "Blackwing" as others have suggested, it'll be another absolute disaster, and a self-inflicted wound that never had to happen.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts