GM Inside News Forum banner
61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Interesting. It's going to be interesting where they price the proper CT5-V at. I'm guessing they're going to straddle C63 and E63 pricing, to offer a bigger car for less money.

Man, I will miss this thing though...

Pound for pound, that is the best Cadillac ever built IMO.
That's a pretty car...I really had wished I could have felt the same about the CT-5.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,157 Posts
Definitely.. But that coupe.. I see the love
Yeah... my wife is a huge fan but she loves all Cadillacs. She really loves this:

I told her I'd buy her one but she "settled" for the XTS.
The CT4-V got the thumbs up from her.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Definitely.. But that coupe.. I see the love
Yeah... my wife is a huge fan but she loves all Cadillacs. She really loves this:

I told her I'd buy her one but she "settled" for the XTS.
The CT4-V got the thumbs up from her.
I went to the prom in a cream white/w blue carriage top almost 30 years ago... Pulled up and my date felt like a princess. It was my parent's. That car got mad respect rolling thru town.. Despite what some say about the bustle back.

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,157 Posts
I went to the prom in a cream white/w blue carriage top almost 30 years ago... Pulled up and my date felt like a princess. It was my parent's. That car got mad respect rolling thru town.. Despite what some say about the bustle back.
My wife had one but her husband at the time wouldn't let her drive it. Stupid jerk.
I let her drive her Cadillac as much as she wants because I'm nice. :D

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
If you look at the CT4-V around the vent/vertical LED area through the wrap you can see that element or insert has been made wider on the outside.

·
Registered
18,633 Posts
I believe SOP is Late July/August. If XT6 was never intended to get Supercruise there is no way they’d get it developed and in production that quickly.
Similar to the comment about GM showing the camo'ed CT4 and 5 as a knee jerk reaction to the knee jerk reactions on GMI et al.. My guess is there'd not be nearly enough time between the press release/event unveiling the lesser V's and the race to coordinate getting the vehicles there and properly set up. Plus I doubt that GM can just show up with the vehicles, there needs to be some pre-planning.

·
Registered
18,633 Posts
If the vents aren’t really needed other than for visuals, then not having them on the CT5 could keep costs down. If the CT5-V comes in $5-10K less than the CTS-V that’s a good thing. I often saw adds for the CTS-V with huge markdowns, so making them cheaper means they won’t have to discount the eff out of it, which kills residuals and does nothing to build or imply desirability.
While I think the hood vents look cool, I also think they look boy-racer. I like the more serious look of not having them, looks more like a rich, well to do man's car vs. the son of a rich, well to do man's car.

·
Registered
18,633 Posts
Completely wrong, supercruise needs to be baked into the platform as well as validated by the individual vehicle. You can't just add it on a whim no matter how much you want that to be the case.
You mean they can't install a series of sensors and cutouts in the sheet metal and interior and change the wiring harness in a couple of weeks? :D

I'd say at best they pulled forward the availability of models with supercruise, but otherwise they always planned for it to be an option.

·
Registered
18,633 Posts
Actually it's not even as sinister or clever as all of that.. Another site we can't quote was showing a mule that was as aggressive as this a month ago... It wasn't as much negative descent as here
. Which might have.. Had we not been so in enthralled in almost 30 pages of negative GMI BS.. Been serious course for discussion.. But alas.. Despite various people pointing out that this was a new direction.. A new way of presenting and implementing VSERIES.. some people were just stuck again.. on naming and a supposed free-burn of 15 years of performance.. Never letting up enough to realize, even when told.. even when quotes were left for easy reading and dissemination.. the naysaying persisted. Shaking my damn head. I hope that not only does the CT5 spawn a 500HP version and then a 700HP (cause let's face it.. They are tuning galore these days ;) ) but the recently introduced 355hp V comes out and beats the crap out of competitors with a hundred more HP. Just to spite the GMI Hater Peanut Gallery
People judge books buy their covers and believe what fits their views, even if proof against their views are in plain sight.

·
Registered
18,633 Posts
Interesting. It's going to be interesting where they price the proper CT5-V at. I'm guessing they're going to straddle C63 and E63 pricing, to offer a bigger car for less money.

Man, I will miss this thing though...

Pound for pound, that is the best Cadillac ever built IMO.
That is an awesome pictures, almost looks like the lower half of the paint is actually a mirror.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
You mean they can't install a series of sensors and cutouts in the sheet metal and interior and change the wiring harness in a couple of weeks? :D

I'd say at best they pulled forward the availability of models with supercruise, but otherwise they always planned for it to be an option.
HAHAHAHAHAAHA You're very funny...riddle me this, if they've been doing development on SuperCruise on the XT6 the whole time, why didn't the "Top Spec" model they unveiled at least have a mock up of the SC hardware in it? It's not like it had to be fully operational or anything, its just a show car. Why didn't it have the SC steering wheel?

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Similar to the comment about GM showing the camo'ed CT4 and 5 as a knee jerk reaction to the knee jerk reactions on GMI et al.. My guess is there'd not be nearly enough time between the press release/event unveiling the lesser V's and the race to coordinate getting the vehicles there and properly set up. Plus I doubt that GM can just show up with the vehicles, there needs to be some pre-planning.
I don’t think Cadillac necessarily showed these today to counter the negative response to Thursday’s reveal, they just did their usual mixed message launch.

Remember the CT5 being shown a month or so before the full reveal, and how then they did a slow strip tease of it on Instagram like we didn’t see the full undisguised pictures. Inept, dumb, bad planning or whatever you want to call it.

Remember those initial CT5 pictures, and how they showed a gray Sport in a front 3/4 shot, and the Saturn Ion vibe it was giving off. How did that S*** Storm inducing picture get approved for release? Inept, dumb, bad planning, that’s how.

Anyhow, at least these latest pictures show some promise. I do wonder though, (with the focus on ROI) if the top CT5-V will be ‘Godzilla: King of the Monsters’ Beastly, or if they’ll dial it back some closer to the GEICO GEKKO?

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
So what possibility is there that the ATS coupe gets a re-skin and new interior to become the New CT4 coupe. Everything forward of the windshield would be identical, the interior would need specific door trim, but beyond that, the dash/console/front seats would probably be shared.

The rear of the car would share some sedan elements like the tail lights and bumpers, so the investment in this car would likely be less than 30% (plucked that percentage from my butt!) over a ‘from the ground up’ design.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
If the CT5-V is a V8, I’d peg it at $75-85 to start. Right now CTS-V starts at around $89K, so as the CT5-V is going to punch one weight class lower, $78k seems about right. That’s still puts it in reach of a heck of a lot more buyers.

It could be as the CT5-V is going after the M3, that it’ll get the LF4 3.6 TTV6 (from the ATS-V) tuned to around 500HP?
I can’t remember where I saw it, but when asked about more powerful V’s he said something to the effect of “how does Blackwing sound to you?”

It’ll be the Blackwing. Speculating here, I think the CT5-V version of the Blackwing will have bigger tirbos than it has the CT6-V, and might crack 600hp. But as an M3 competitor 550hp would be great as well.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
I can’t remember where I saw it, but when asked about more powerful V’s he said something to the effect of “how does Blackwing sound to you?”

It’ll be the Blackwing. Speculating here, I think the CT5-V version of the Blackwing will have bigger tirbos than it has the CT6-V, and might crack 600hp. But as an M3 competitor 550hp would be great as well.
Unless he actually meant CT4-V BLACKWING and CT5-V BLACKWING for an identifier, as opposed to the engine itself?

Regardless of one or two dissenters on this site, BLACKWING is a fantastic name. It’s suitably sinister, and for me totally conjures up images of Stealth aircraft and Secret Government Black Projects. I love it.

·
Registered
18,348 Posts
“The CT6 will be going out of production next year” Reuss: “Not really you misunderstood us!”

“The XT6 won’t launch with Supecruise for the first model year” Mary: “The XT6 will have Supercruise from launch”

Yep I’m seeing a pattern of brilliant well thought out messaging here.
Shhhhhh... Remember we're the ones that have the problem of not understanding what's happening. Shame on us.

61 - 80 of 115 Posts