1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy
Cadillac
June 1, 2019

DETROIT — Today, Cadillac surprised Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix presented by Lear attendees with a sneak peek at the future of Cadillac’s V-Series when two prototypes took to the track. Drivers Mark Reuss, president of General Motors, and Ken Morris, vice president of Product, drove the prototypes, which represent the next step in Cadillac’s V-Series performance legacy.

·
Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,269 Posts
Very cool!

·
Registered
962 Posts
There better be an LT1 and a LT4 under the hoods of those two cars.... don't know exactly what they will call them. It might be how you have the S line Audi models and the RS vehicle which are partly insane vehicles.

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 2015 Chevy Spark EV (wife's car)
3,725 Posts
Drivers Mark Reuss, president of General Motors, and Ken Morris, vice president of Product, drove the prototypes
The same Mark Reuss that drove another GM vehicle into a retaining wall at last year's Detroit Grand Prix? :eek:

Reactions: Envoy4Life

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
.......and so the plan unfolds a bit further....

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I bet they didn't intially plan on a "preview" of these vehicles at the Detroit Chevrolet Grand Prix. Brilliant marketing turnaround though. Sad it took the internet to light Caddy's ass on fire for them to shut everyone up. Glad they did this though - No one heard "track capable V's are coming" no matter how many times it was said or read.

BTW: Those fascias behind the mesh cover-up look more deep, aggressive and far more in line with the outgoing V-Series cars.

#Sidenote I wonder what the attendees heard coming from both cars exhausts as they lapped... I'm so eager to know.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bet they didn't intially plan on a "preview" of these vehicles at the Detroit Chevrolet Grand Prix. Brilliant marketing turnaround though. Sad it took the internet to light Caddy's ass on fire for them to shut everyone up. Glad they did this though - No one heard "track capable V's are coming" no matter how many times it was said or read.

BTW: Those fascias behind the mesh cover-up look more deep, aggressive and far more in line with the outgoing V-Series cars.

#Sidenote I wonder what the attendees heard coming from both cars exhausts as they lapped... I'm so eager to know.
Yes, this was all planned. During the live reveal of the V's yesterday they mentioned that the audience should keep their eyes and ears open very soon.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
...at first I said I liked the CT4-V better - especially from the rear. Now that I see the CT5 in a camo wrap, I realize I usually do all my cars in a Matte Black wrap. I would take a CT5-V and do the same and cover that C-Pillar in the process so it was less noticeable. I mean it's growing on me but still. Just what I would do.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
I bet they didn't intially plan on a "preview" of these vehicles at the Detroit Chevrolet Grand Prix. Brilliant marketing turnaround though. Sad it took the internet to light Caddy's ass on fire for them to shut everyone up.
I strongly disagree. This was planned well in advance.

Cadillac knew full-well the introduction of a new, less powerful set of V cars would have everyone screaming. We all rose to the bait. Journalists and arm-chair experts with Internet access have been on fire for the last 40 hours. This was planned to show that what they told everyone about the more powerful versions coming is true.

"Keep 'em guessin'"

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Why on earth would Cadillac want people to hate them so much for 48 hours!? I admit I'm one of the ones that believed these were coming but "coming soon" from Cadillac/GM meant I could be waiting for a few years. They indeed got me! Now whats under the hoods?! I need to find a video clip with sound of this event!

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
Why on earth would Cadillac want people to hate them so much for 48 hours!?
So they could redeem themselves in fairly short order, of course.

Remember Oscar Wilde's dictum: " The only thing worse than people talking about you is people NOT talking about you."

I need to find a video clip with sound of this event!
If you do, let us know. I'd be very interested.

Reactions: RedSkyBlackDream

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I strongly disagree. This was planned well in advance.

Cadillac knew full-well the introduction of a new, less powerful set of V cars would have everyone screaming. We all rose to the bait. Journalists and arm-chair experts with Internet access have been on fire for the last 40 hours. This was planned to show that what they told everyone about the more powerful versions coming is true.

"Keep 'em guessin'"
If that was their plan that is a pretty ill thought out plan! I can see it now: “hey why don’t we start a s*** storm by showing the entry point vehicles, and being a little vague as to what they represent, and then on Saturday tease the range toppers! Yeah that seems like brilliant planning...NOT.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
If that was their plan that is a pretty ill thought out plan! I can see it now: “hey why don’t we start a s*** storm by showing the entry point vehicles, and being a little vague as to what they represent, and then on Saturday tease the range toppers! Yeah that seems like brilliant planning...NOT.
I think it sounds pretty smart myself. Getting people all riled up about Cadillac.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts