GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 245 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cadillac styling won't take sharp turn with flagship CT6.
Automotive News
By: Mike Colias
December 16, 2014

DETROIT -- Cadillac’s forthcoming CT6 sedan is supposed to be trailblazing for the brand. General Motors product development chief Mark Reuss says it will have “the world’s most advanced body structure.” And its name will commence a top-to-bottom redo of Cadillac’s vehicle-naming setup.

But don’t expect a radical new design direction.

GM global design boss Ed Welburn says the CT6, scheduled for a spring unveiling, will hew to the art and science theme of Cadillac’s existing lineup, which sports angular lines and laserlike vertical head lamps and taillamps.

“It’ll be different and it will certainly stand out in the portfolio,” Welburn said in an interview this month. “But you won’t see a real shift in direction.”

Full article available at link.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
IF, and boy do I mean IF, they're waiting to produce the Elmiraj as the CT7, I'm okay with this. If not, go **** yourselves, Cadillac.
I'm sure they're willing to produce a flagship coupe, but will it look like the Elmiraj? Not if Cadillac continues to pander to Chinese tastes.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
He's trying to temper expectations because he knows that our hopes have been set too high and he senses there will be huge disappointment. What design chief says before an intro like the C6 that he expects more from his design team? Where the h...was he when this design was signed off? Moronic!
Did any words come out of his mouth that the design is outstanding, exciting, awesome, stunning....etc? No. Sounds like another effort like the XTS that he will have to make excuses for. Will the C6 be pretty nice? Of course. But "pretty nice" is about as lame as it gets in the segment it will compete in. "Wait till the C8". Sure.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
He's trying to temper expectations because he knows that our hopes have been set too high and he senses there will be huge disappointment. What design chief says before an intro like the C6 that he expects more from his design team? Where the h...was he when this design was signed off? Moronic!
Did any words come out of his mouth that the design is outstanding, exciting, awesome, stunning....etc? No. Sounds like another effort like the XTS that he will have to make excuses for. Will the C6 be pretty nice? Of course. But "pretty nice" is about as lame as it gets in the segment it will compete in. "Wait till the C8". Sure.
I'm sure it will be a beautiful car either way, but I have a feeling that it will look more like a DeVille than a Ciel.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Look for it and you'll find where Uwe explains CT6 and that it isn't their flagship... or at least, isn't their S-Class or 7 fighter.
Ive read the same thing. Thats why i look at the CT6 as a replacement for the CTS. Styling wise it will probably be a evolution of the CTS as well.

1 - 20 of 245 Posts