1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With permission from GM directly, we are allowed to post these pictures:

PICTURES TEMPORARILY REMOVED.
WE hope they will return soon.
(They will for sure the first week of April)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Nice!! A bit stubby looking from the C pillar back when looking at the profile. I'd lose the spoiler, though. Can't wait to see the V-series!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not bad, it looks like Cadillac has addressed one of the few complaints about the CTS-the interior. However, is that gap between the driver's side door and the dash normal ? Some of the magazines might have a field day if they saw a gap that big. And if GM actually makes an STS-V, I hope they put wider tires on it, it will help with the axle hop that the CTS-V currently has.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
looks better in these pics than some earlier pics we saw (a few months back). it looks smaller than i'm sure it is... well done. i see some CTS, but it's not just a bigger version. looks sharp... STS-V'll be nice!

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Very nice. One of these in black, with AWD...might be good enough to coax me out of my Bonneville SSEi. (Although the price is probably going to be insane when optioned out)

It does look like the driver's door is slightly ajar?

·
Registered
790 Posts
i like the slit of wood on the dash in front of the passenger side, in other pictures you will see a crome STS intergrated into the wood on the far left side, i looks really good. i will own one in proabably 3 years, once i can find one for around 20-25 grand.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
I like it...the more I see it, the more it grows on me. Silver and Black are definitely the best colors for A&S (Black being the best of the best)....Rex time for a color change :lol:

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I like it! Good job GM on this one. The only exterior thing I'm not sure that I like, and I'm sure it's an option, is the spoiler. Everything else looks good. I really like the short overhangs.

The door/dash gap is bad. I don't think that door is ajar since the gap does not widen up the window. Other than that, which hopefully will get fixed, the interior looks clean and rich. Also, no iDrive garbage which is nice.

Mark

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Caddy is on the right track to world domination. cant wait to see the V series kick the **** out of the AMG, M series ans S series from audi.

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
I too am quite impressed! One other thing about the interior, is the vent left of the steering wheel, looks a little plain. the relationship between the actual vent, and the vent surround looks "chevy Astro-ish"

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Whoa GM!
You showed us one little picture of the STS, and I didn't like it. Now that these pictures are out, this fall, I'm heading to my local Cadillac dealer to test drive an STS! ;)

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Overall I like it and the interior looks good. The only things I would change are the deletion of the spoiler and the addition of a bodyside molding on the door with a nice strip of chrome on the luxury model. Don't know why manufacturers are getting away from this as most cars without the molding such as the Honda Accord coupe are looking quite dinged up after a few years use from all the careless people in the mall parking lots. To me this makes the side of the car look real plain and is another way for car companies to save $$$ Hope it is an option at least. other than that the car looks pretty well done.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by ponchoman49@Mar 23 2004, 04:56 PM
Overall I like it and the interior looks good. The only things I would change are the deletion of the spoiler and the addition of a bodyside molding on the door with a nice strip of chrome on the luxury model. Don't know why manufacturers are getting away from this as most cars without the molding such as the Honda Accord coupe are looking quite dinged up after a few years use from all the careless people in the mall parking lots. To me this makes the side of the car look real plain and is another way for car companies to save $$$ Hope it is an option at least. other than that the car looks pretty well done.
I didn't realize that there was no plastic piece to protect against dents :( They have one on the CTS, and it looks good. I HATE dings from giant SUVs that have 20 foot long doors (or so it seems at times). I dont want cladding, but please, protect the baby against huge dents!

1 - 20 of 115 Posts