GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
707 Posts
Originally posted by ByTheLake+Jul 12 2004, 05:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ByTheLake @ Jul 12 2004, 05:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-akumaknight@Jul 12 2004, 04:37 PM
screw the twelve, bring on the SIXTEEN!
:D
Yeah, a 16 would be fun, but Cadillac needs to earn each step it takes. GM doesn't have a competitor to the BMW and Mercedes V-12s (does Jaguar still make a 12?).

If GM can do a 16, my guess is that it wouldn't fit into anything except a vehicle specially-designed for it. At least a 12 might squeeze into an STS (or maybe an Escalade for the bling-bling crowd).

Regardless, I think we agree that there needs to be an option above the Northstar V-8 for the XLR. [/b][/quote]
Agreed, Cadillac has put up competitive V6 and V8 models and has taken over the luxury truck market with Escalades. In a few years, they'll talk about competing with the V12 models from BMW and Mercedes. After that (shortly after I hope) they'll once again become the standard of the world with a V16 super-luxury car.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.