GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,968 Posts
The investment that GM has made in Cadillac proves that people will buy the product if it is good.

I'm driving a new AWD SRX and I love it. The Northstar engine is great, the car handles well, the interior is nice, and everything works as I would expect it to. The latest STS adds another degree of separation between Cadillac and Lincoln, which hasn't introduced a new Lincoln car (not truck) since the LS. Cadillac is the only American brand worthy of consideration among Mercedes, BMW, Lexus.

Cadillac now needs to get a V-12 in the market. Leave the "near-luxury" to Buick, which needs its own cash infusion.

· Registered
3,968 Posts
Originally posted by akumaknight@Jul 12 2004, 04:37 PM
screw the twelve, bring on the SIXTEEN!
:D
Yeah, a 16 would be fun, but Cadillac needs to earn each step it takes. GM doesn't have a competitor to the BMW and Mercedes V-12s (does Jaguar still make a 12?).

If GM can do a 16, my guess is that it wouldn't fit into anything except a vehicle specially-designed for it. At least a 12 might squeeze into an STS (or maybe an Escalade for the bling-bling crowd).

Regardless, I think we agree that there needs to be an option above the Northstar V-8 for the XLR.

· Registered
3,968 Posts
Originally posted by svx92@Jul 12 2004, 03:35 PM
PS-yesterday I saw the worse thing ever on the highway- a white CTS with burgundy landau top and gold badging.
:eek:
Yes, I've seen a similar vehicle on a dealer lot. Those are dealer modifications. While GM is getting the right product to Cadillac dealers, some dealers are stuck in the 1970s. I've seen a CTS with a full padded vinyl roof. Argh!!!

Hopefully those modifications will be few and far between ... don't want to taint the new image.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.