GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CADILLAC BLACK DIAMOND IS READY FOR THE SLOPES

The Cadillac SRX has hit the slopes with the Black Diamond concept, which debuts at the 2003 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show in Las Vegas. The Cadillac Black Diamond brings the performance and utility of the SRX to the world of skiing and other active lifestyle pursuits, using specially designed accessories.

The package name comes from the Black Diamond skiing symbol which indicates the “most difficult” slopes.

“The challenge and excitement of skiing these slopes is similar to the rush you’ll feel when driving the SRX on a twisty road,” said Jay Spenchian, SRX Marketing Director. “Refined and tuned on Germany’s famed Nurburgring race circuit, the SRX will provide even the staunchest enthusiast with a very satisfying driving experience.”

The Black Diamond is fully equipped to enable the driver to enjoy the trip as much as the destination. Powered by a 330-horsepower 4.6-liter Northstar V-8 engine with variable valve timing, the Black Diamond features a Corsa cat-back exhaust system and tips. The engine is mated to a five-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission, with a tap-up/tap-down feature that allows the driver to manually shift through the gears.

The Black Diamond is equipped with a host of sophisticated technologies to maintain its footing in slippery conditions. The all-wheel drive system runs a 50/50 torque split until it is necessary to divert power when it senses slippage. The StabiliTrak stability enhancement system works automatically to help the driver stay on the intended course by comparing the vehicle’s motion to driver inputs. Four-wheel disc brakes with 12.7-inch cross-drilled, ventilated rotors provide confident braking power. Full-function traction control reduces wheel slippage by applying brake pressure and managing engine torque, if necessary. The Black Diamond’s wheels are six-lug, 20-inch EVO 7 forged aluminum from Katana Racing, with Bridgestone 275/45R20 all-season tires.

The Black Diamond’s exterior is outfitted with wheel flares and integrated, body-color splash guards. This gives the Black Diamond a slightly wider track and more muscular stance. It also has front and rear skid plates and brush guards.

A premium crossbow roof rack and ski carrier, body-color grille, and Vanceva Smoky Blue-tinted glass from Solutia complete the Black Diamond’s exterior modifications.

The interior enhancements include metallic and leather accents and floor mats with the Black Diamond logo.

Cadillac Black Diamond vehicle highlights:
- 4.6L Northstar V8 VVT (330 horsepower) with all-wheel drive
- Five-speed electronically controlled and driver-shiftable automatic transmission
- Corsa cat-back exhaust system and tips
- Body-color grille
- Front and rear brush guard/skid plate
- Wheel lips and integrated splash guards
- 20-inch EVO 7 forged alloy wheels from Katana Racing
- Bridgestone 275/45R20 all-season tires
- Four-wheel disc brakes with cross-drilled and ventilated rotors
- Premium cross-bow roof rack and ski carrier
- Vanceva Smoky Blue tinted glass by Solutia
- Enhanced interior with metallic and leather accents
- Floor mats with logos

·
Registered
571 Posts
wow, now that looks classy

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
What a incredible car. The Caddy has arrived and passed the competition completely. GM can use Standard of the World Again.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
This is a rare thing for me to say, but the 20's really look good on this.

Ghrank :frankie:

·
Registered
43,877 Posts
Very very very very very very very very very very very very very very nice.

(Too bad I'm a crappy skiier). :lol:

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Wow!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Originally posted by Ghrankenstein@Oct 29 2003, 12:26 AM
This is a rare thing for me to say, but the 20's really look good on this.

Ghrank :frankie:

Wow...thats all I can say. That thing is IMPRESSIVE...now, if we could just get GM to actually OFFER something that looks like that...

Byrdman

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
Wow...thats all I can say. That thing is IMPRESSIVE...now, if we could just get GM to actually OFFER something that looks like that...

But they do...I really like the SRX, there really is nothing different about this an the SRX you can buy at the dealership, except the tires and rims, which most Cadillac dealers will add for some $$$$.

The SRX seems like a real winner right out of the box, dis anyone read the Car and Driver comparison test, where it beat the Cayanne, FX45, and Toureg?

·
Registered
43,877 Posts
Originally posted by MCGARRETT@Oct 30 2003, 05:21 PM

The SRX seems like a real winner right out of the box, dis anyone read the Car and Driver comparison test, where it beat the Cayanne, FX45, and Toureg?
Yeaah... I read that. I was really shocked that the SRX took 1st place in that comparison test.
It had neither the best handling, 0-60, room, etc. But it had the best combination of everything, which makes for a nice, well-rounded automobile. And for all intents and purposes, that's what you're really looking for in an auto. :lol:

A friend of mine has an FX45, and although it looks really nice on the outside and inside, the quality is really questionable.

But in any case, I love the SRX. I just needs the wider tires. :lol:

133 Posts
Cool.

·
Registered
248 Posts
The way C/D has been blasting Cadillac specifically and GM in general in the past, it makes it interesting to see a GM vehicle win first place. I'm not saying that they didn't deserve the pounding, but it was strange to buy the issue, and see a VW in last and a GM in first...ahead of a Porsche and an Infiniti...

·
Registered
387 Posts
Originally posted by nightwave@Nov 12 2003, 10:37 PM
The way C/D has been blasting Cadillac specifically and GM in general in the past, it makes it interesting to see a GM vehicle win first place. I'm not saying that they didn't deserve the pounding, but it was strange to buy the issue, and see a VW in last and a GM in first...ahead of a Porsche and an Infiniti...
they still seemed reluctant to let it win

·
Registered
538 Posts
Originally posted by hockey81289+Nov 13 2003, 01:25 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hockey81289 @ Nov 13 2003, 01:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nightwave@Nov 12 2003, 10:37 PM
The way C/D has been blasting Cadillac specifically and GM in general in the past, it makes it interesting to see a GM vehicle win first place.  I'm not saying that they didn't deserve the pounding, but it was strange to buy the issue, and see a VW in last and a GM in first...ahead of a Porsche and an Infiniti...
they still seemed reluctant to let it win [/b][/quote]
They always seem reluctant to let a GM product win, ...Its kinda cool when you know GM hit a home run, you get to listen to the C&Driver writers squirm giving the review.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts